The Walcote Practice
- The Walcote Practice
About The Walcote Practice
The Walcote Practice is a dynamic, growing independent Private General Practice located in a bright and airy Georgian building in the heart of Winchester. The Practice was designed and is run by
Dr Nicholas Hillier (Medical Director) and Dr Sinead Doherty (Business Director).
The Walcote Practice is registered with and regulated by the CQC. We are proud of our ‘Good’ CQC rating across all five key domains and also overall. Having opened in June 2015, the Practice has achieved a sizeable and loyal patient list, which continues to grow. Patients come from all geographical locations and walks of life, with the majority living, visiting or working in Hampshire and its surrounding counties.
The Walcote Practice is proud to have been a finalist in multiple local and south coast business award categories such as Customer Service Excellence and New Business of the Year.
We are delighted to have been awarded the Winchester Business Awards Entrepreneur of the Year Award and several WhatClinic.com Patient Service Awards.
The team at The Walcote Practice is cohesive, capable, caring and supportive. The importance of individual roles is appreciated by all, and everyone aims to create a working environment which is both professional and enjoyable.
- Medical Director & Lead GP: Dr Nicholas Hillier
- Business Director: Dr Sinéad Doherty
- Practice Manager: Ms Angela Ward
- Salaried GPs: Dr Sharon Rachman, Dr Jamie Coutts Donald
- Practice Administrators: Mrs Nurjhan Begum, Mrs Carmen Godfrey
- Lead Receptionist: Mrs Julia Lewis
- Receptionists: Miss Chloe Burton, Mrs Tina Jones, Miss Kate Gallagher
At The Walcote Practice, our priorities are to provide patients with high quality, affordable, convenient healthcare and outstanding customer service. From the outset, the Practice has been designed around these priorities, with careful consideration given to how private primary healthcare could best be delivered:
- Welcoming, comfortable and optimistic ‘non-medical’ environment
- Patients can book appointments/home visits within and outside of standard working hours
- Patients book appointments to last as long as they wish and multiple issues can be addressed within one appointment
- Rapid referrals, tests and screening
- Access to services no longer offered by many NHS GP practices
- Patients are able to pay after each appointment or they may prefer the option of subscribing to an Annual Healthplan which enables healthcare costs to be spread throughout the year
The Walcote Practice has superb standards and achieves high quality patient outcomes.
The wellbeing and job satisfaction of staff is taken very seriously at The Walcote Practice. We work carefully to create an excellent working environment in which staff are supported and able to perform their respective roles to the best of their abilities.
Doctors who have worked with The Walcote Practice have reported feeling more satisfied with their GP roles and less rushed – they have commented that longer appointment times with patients leads to enhanced rapport and the ability of GPs to make a greater difference.
Our team very much believes in the value of patient and staff feedback. We are always open to suggestions as to how we could further improve systems and services. We have opportunities to design, create and tailor highly responsive services. We invite all team members to become involved in this process.
Witnessing the positive effects on patient health and staff satisfaction is very rewarding for everyone involved. A host of positive staff feedback forms, appreciative client testimonials, and a high rate of word-of-mouth referrals, demonstrates the benefit to all of The Walcote Practice approach to primary healthcare.
Private primary healthcare
As a GP, you may be wondering how the delivery of private primary healthcare compares to that of NHS GP care from the GP’s perspective. The answer to this query is that when providing services to Walcote Health Ltd you may notice a number of similarities as well as differences. You would:
- Have longer consultation times with patients
- Be able to undertake certain activities no longer offered by many NHS GP practices, if suitably qualified, eg minor surgery
- Use a new electronic clinical record system. Full training would be provided.
- Not be required to use NHS coding/QOF
- Present a payment invoice to patients at the end of consultations
- Issue private prescriptions for patients, if required
- Still be required to assist the Practice to meet CQC requirements and regulations
- Still be involved in clinical audits and clinical education meetings
- Report to the Lead GP
- Feel a valued part of a small, considerate, productive team
- Still be required to undergo GMC revalidation and appraisal
Queries and visits
If you have further queries about any aspects of providing services to Walcote Health Ltd as a GP, please do get in touch by:
- Phone on 01962 828715 and ask to speak with Angela Ward, the Practice Manager
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome any GP wishing to visit The Walcote Practice for a pre-booked informal visit prior to application or interview.
We look forward to hearing from, and perhaps meeting with, you soon.