If you're considering moving to Australia to work in general practice, Tasmania has some excellent opportunities for you to consider. To meet VISA requirements, most positions provide flexible working schedules with hours varying from 36 to 40 hours per week. With far less administration to think about, the work-life balance is outstanding, and it provides a perfect opportunity to live in the great outdoors, spend more time with friends and family, and in general, have more free time to do the things you love.
We have positions available in a variety of locations across Tasmania, with many Medical Centres situated in or near to towns and cities.
We would assist you in finding the right job for you by doing the following:
- Providing you with comprehensive details on the various locations available in Tasmania, as well as information on individual medical centres, potential profits, and some relocation logistics.
- Organizing and facilitating all of your interviews and meetings
- Increasing the value of your package by negotiating extra benefits and allowances.
- Assisting you with the licencing and visa applications you'll need to finish your transfer
Tasmania can offer you a great lifestyle at a significantly cheaper cost than any other Australian state. You would be able to own a significantly bigger property in Tasmania than in other areas of Australia, the price of a normal 3 bed property in Sydney or Melbourne suburbs would buy you a mansion in Tasmania!
It’s laid back vibe, means you never really need to rush anywhere, there is little or no traffic to speak of and with its cooler climate, local produce and natural beauty many Sydney and Melbournite’s are relocating to the island to escape the rat race.
Locals and visitors agree that the island has a small-town feel with very friendly residents. It is ranked as the safest Australian state for people and properties, so you can feel secure while living and working in Tasmania.
Package and Benefits
- Salaries vary depending on a number of variables, but in some cases can reach £200,000.
- Hours of work that are flexible
- Significantly less administrative work than is needed in the UK
- Up to $20k AUD in relocation support, depending on location and commitment
- There are incentive programmes in place that could significantly boost your earnings.
- Accommodation and use of a car sometimes provided in top priority locations
- Conferences and CPD events often paid for
- Improved work life balance
- Help and support offered throughout the documentation process
- Career progression opportunities
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
You must have one of the below qualifications to start your journey to practice in Australia and apply for your certificate of equivalence with the RACGP:
- MRCGP (MRCGP International & iMAP are not accepted)
- FRACGP (Australia)
- FRNZCGP (New Zealand)
- CCFP (Canada)
- MICGP (Ireland)
- Fellowship with College of Family Physicians (Singapore)
- Bevis om kompetens som allmänpraktiserande läkare (Europaläkare) (certificate of specific training for general practice) (Sweden)
- Certificaat van inschrijving in een specialistenregister van huisartsen (Certificate of registration in a specialist register for general practitioners) (Netherlands)
- Título de Especialista en medicina familiar y comunitaria (specialist certificate in family and community medicine) (Spain)
What Happens Next?
The licencing process can take between 9 and 12 months but full support will be provided with our experts on hand to assist you every step of the way.
If you're interested in learning more about a new GP job in Australia and meet the requirements above, click "Apply" and a message will be sent to our Specialist consultant.
Similar searches: Australasia