If you are thinking about making a move to Australia to practice as a GP, Adelaide may become your location of choice.
Medical Centres in the Adelaide and Southern Australia region offer enviable benefits for General Practitioners including flexible working hours with many contracts ranging from 32 – 40 hours per week. Prospective earnings are fantastic with many GPs earning upwards of £200k per year alongside significantly reduced admin commitments as part of the role.
Jobs are available across different locations within the Adelaide and South Australia area, with many medical centres situated either in, or very close to a major city or town.
We can help you to find your dream job in Australia by:
- Providing you with guidance around the diverse locations available within the state and details and information on specific practices, housing, and schools
- Organising and accelerating all interviews and meetings with any prospective employer
- Negotiating your package to include additional benefits and allowances where possible
- Supporting you throughout the entire licensing and immigration process
Adelaide is situated on the costal southern tip of the South Australia State and is the gateway to the world-famous wine regions of South Australia. It offers access to some of the best restaurants and bars in Australia as well as easy access to a diverse mix of landscapes on its doorstep. You could find yourself visiting the Koala’s and Sea lions of Kangaroo island, a protected nature reserve or hiking in the Black Hills conservation area which offers rugged ridges and a variety of native plants and animals to enjoy.
Adelaide is host to a Mediterranean climate with warm, sunny weather for most of the year.
Package and Benefits
- Salaries dependent on a few different factors but can exceed £200k in some circumstances
- Flexible working hours
- Significantly reduced admin in comparison to what is required in the UK
- Relocation assistance - Up to $20k AUD dependent on location and commitment
- Incentive programmes in place which could drastically increase your earnings
- Accommodation and use of a car sometimes provided in top priority locations
- Conferences and CPD events often paid for
- Improved work life balance
- Help and support offered throughout the documentation process
- Career progression opportunities
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
You must have one of the below qualifications to start your journey to practice in Australia and apply for your certificate of equivalence with the RACGP:
- MRCGP (MRCGP International & iMAP are not accepted)
- FRACGP (Australia)
- FRNZCGP (New Zealand)
- CCFP (Canada)
- MICGP (Ireland)
- Fellowship with College of Family Physicians (Singapore)
- Bevis om kompetens som allmänpraktiserande läkare (Europaläkare) (certificate of specific training for general practice) (Sweden)
- Certificaat van inschrijving in een specialistenregister van huisartsen (Certificate of registration in a specialist register for general practitioners) (Netherlands)
- Título de Especialista en medicina familiar y comunitaria (specialist certificate in family and community medicine) (Spain)
What Happens Next?
The licencing process can take between 9 and 12 months but full support will be provided with our experts on hand to assist you every step of the way.
If you are interested in finding out more about a new GP Job in Australia and you have the necessary qualifications then please hit "Apply" and a notification will be sent to our Specialist consultant.
Similar searches: Australasia