Outstanding Career Opportunities and Support for GPs in Wolverhampton
Are you a newly qualified GP or an experienced GP looking for a role in an area that has been recognised nationally for its work to support and invest in GP career opportunities?
The City of Wolverhampton is part of the Birmingham and Black Country conurbation and a gateway between the historic Black Country and the beautiful countryside of Shropshire and Staffordshire. With its popular football club, outstanding colleges and universities and ever-growing economy, Wolverhampton is an attractive area to both live and work within. The City’s CCG is rated outstanding by NHS England, and is the only outstanding CCG in the West Midlands.
Working in primary care in Wolverhampton and indeed across the whole Black Country and West Birmingham area can bring huge personal reward to committed GPs. With 31 Primary Care Networks, comprising of 210 GP Surgeries that cover a diverse population of over 1.4m patients means our healthcare needs are extremely varied and your skills and commitment will be hugely valued.
What we can offer you?
- GP Fellowship Programme for newly qualified GPs who are offered a substantive position within any Practice across Wolverhampton or the Black Country and West Birmingham
- Access to our First 5 Support Programme for GPs in their early years post qualification
- Free access to our nationally recognised Mentoring Scheme
- Opportunity to develop funded Portfolio Careers in line with local population health needs – helping you to enhance your clinical skills and blur the lines between Primary and Secondary Care
- Funded programmes tailored to GPs in their mid-career who are looking to develop a variety of skills
- A wealth of passionate and experienced support from our Training Hub including access to 10 experienced GP Mentors, our dedicated STP GP Workforce Clinical Lead and First 5 Scheme Facilitators
"My 10 years as a GP in the Black Country and West Birmingham have been hugely rewarding. Our practices are supportive and the Training Hub offers many opportunities for you to develop personally and professionally." Says Dr Rajiv Kalia, GP and GP Workforce Clinical Lead for the STP
If you are interested in joining us here in Wolverhampton and across the Black Country and West Birmingham or just learning more about what we can offer you, please get in touch with the Training Hub at firstname.lastname@example.org