At least 9 Sessions per week – 1 post or 2, all negotiable
Less than 10 miles from Newcastle and Durham
CQC inspection - Rated as OUTSTANDING in 2017
Stanley Medical Group is a growing Training Practice currently with 11,800 patients in the centre of Stanley, working from modern purpose built premises. This post is replacing a Salaried GP who is retiring. We pride ourselves in being innovative, forward thinking and well-organised as we aim for a healthy work/life balance for all who work here, ensuring our ‘One Team’ approach is felt by everyone.
If you are a newly qualified or an experienced GP looking for job satisfaction within an innovative and outstanding practice we can offer you the following:
- An open, supportive, enthusiastic team, with shared learning and continuous improvement
- Professional development of one session per week (pro rata) protected time
- Option to be part of North Durham CCG Career Start GP Scheme if preferred, can provide details if required
- 30 days holiday per year
- Flexibility with start times of sessions, and catch-up slots wherever needed
- A very low visit rate (usually only 1 visit per GP/NP each day)
- A reduced amount of GP workload for prescriptions, letters and reports work, due to well established practice Pharmacist role and improvements to GP reports process.
- An opportunity to be involved in clinical teaching
- Competitive Salary for the right person
Our GPs say they enjoy working here because:
- New building, big rooms
- Very low admin load <5-10 letters a day
- Established in-house pharmacist dealing with hospital discharges, review / reauthorisation of repeats, and requests for non-repeat items
- Designated time during on call to deal with on call issues
- Patient phone lines go to emergency line at 5pm. Allows regular finish time at 6pm
- Low visit rate - usual 0 to 1
- Excellent supportive admin team
- Designated parking for all doctors
- New up to date IT service with fast running computers is a bonus..
We are happy to answer any further questions you may have. Informal visits are very welcome.
If you would like to apply, please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Similar searches: County Durham