mbi Medical have been approached by a surgery in the Hailsham area who are looking for a Salaried GP
If you are interested, or would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact us on the following;
01992 568 480
The post-holder will manage a caseload and deal with a wide range of health needs in a primary care setting, ensuring the highest standards of care for all registered and temporary patients.
- In accordance with the practice timetable, as agreed, the post-holder will make themselves available to undertake a variety of duties, including surgery consultations, telephone consultations and queries, visiting patients at home, checking and signing repeat prescriptions and dealing with queries, paperwork and correspondence in a timely fashion
- Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from other health care workers within the organisation
- Assessing the health care needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems
- Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness
- Developing care plans for health in consultation with patients and in line with current practice disease management protocols
- Providing counselling and health education
- Admitting or discharging patients to and from the caseload and referring to other care providers as appropriate
- Recording clear and contemporaneous consultation notes to agreed standards
- Collecting data for audit purposes
- Compiling and issuing computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions (avoiding hand-written prescriptions whenever possible)
- Prescribing in accordance with the practice prescribing formulary (or generically) whenever this is clinically appropriate
- In general, the post-holder will be expected to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care.
Other responsibilities within the organisation:
- Awareness of and compliance with all relevant practice policies/guidelines, e.g. prescribing, confidentiality, data protection, health and safety
- A commitment to life-long learning and audit to ensure evidence-based best practice
- Contributing to evaluation/audit and clinical standard setting within the organisation
- Contributing to the development of computer-based patient records
- Contributing to the summarising of patient records and read-coding patient data
- Attending training and events organised by the practice or other agencies, where appropriate.
Similar searches: Hailsham