General Practitioner - Surrey OOH
Are you tired of QOF? Are you looking for a portfolio career? Are you looking to establish expertise in Urgent Care and enter wider leadership roles?
Then working at Surrey OOH may be the job for you.
Care UK is the largest provider of unscheduled care services in the UK and we proudly continue to lead the way with innovation in line with the vision of the NHS. This means we have a constant need to add to our bright and dynamic medical team to ensure we continue to fulfil the lives of our patients.
We have permanent or self-employed opportunities within our Surrey Out-of-Hours (OOH) service, with locations in Dorking, Guildford, Epsom, Woking, Ashford, Haslemere and Cranleigh.
If you want to broaden your clinical experience, are looking for more flexible hours, and need the freedom to develop a more fulfilling career, then Care UK is the quintessential place for you.
Whatever your interests, we’ll make sure that your skills are kept completely up to date with a CPD programme. We work closely with the NHS and ensure to provide an environment where there are always opportunities to innovate and learn and put your ideas forward.
About the Job
As a GP working in OOH, you’ll be responsible for performing telephone triage for patients who have been referred onto the service. You’ll also treat them face-to-face with the flexibility to choose whether you’d like to do this in one of our Primary Care Centres as a base shift, or at the patient’s own home as part of our home visiting shifts.
The OOH service is open from 6.30pm – 8am Monday – Friday, and 24 hours over the weekends, with various shifts on offer between these times. You will also have the flexibility to choose when you would like to work in order to fit in with your lifestyle.
The skill mix within the service is ANP and GPs, incorporating urgent care, telephone triage, face-to-face appointments and home visits.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary/hourly rates
- Company Pension
- Indemnity reimbursement
- 25 days holiday
- 5 days study leave
- Varied, interesting and challenging work
- Quick and easy online shift booking and payment
- 15 minute appointments
- Cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and online discounts
How will we support you?
- Regional and National Leadership development opportunities
- Senior clinical support, 24 hours a day
- Education and training tailored to your needs and interests
- Our bespoke Learning Management System to address your learning needs
- Discounted rates for national GP update/clinical topic refreshers.
- Support to become a Supervisor/GP registrar trainer
- Dedicated feedback to support appraisals
What we'll need from you
- Be on the GMC Register
- Be on the GP Performers List with a valid CCT
- Experience & confidence in managing acute and chronic presentations for both adult and paediatric patients.
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Ability to maintain and monitor high standards of care.
As an organisation Care UK is at the cutting edge of service development underpinned by a commitment to developing strong and effective leaders and embedding quality improvement methodologies. There is a strong track record of career progression within the organisation.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Care UK is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you'd like to learn more, arrange an informal visit to the service or have any questions please contact Karla Smith - firstname.lastname@example.org / 07918 766170
Together we make things better.
Patients are at the heart of everything we do.
Everyone one of us matters.
Similar searches: Surrey
More search results
General Practitioner - Watford UTC - Watford
General Practitioner- Princess Royal University H…
General Practitioner - The Hillingdon Hospital UC…
General Practitioner - Ealing Hospital UCC - Grea…
General Practitioner - West Middlesex Hospital UC…