EEA trained Family Doctors for practices in London
The National Health Service (NHS) in England is running an international recruitment campaign for Family Doctors or General Practitioners.
The NHS plan to recruit around 2,000 doctors from overseas locations by 2020. These doctors will work alongside UK-trained GPs to develop an exciting range of health services in local community settings.
This campaign, which offers an unrivalled level of support to international doctors moving to the UK, will run for a limited time only.
Some of the benefits for successful applicants:
- Fully funded English language training to prepare for initial language test
- Paid leave and training to further improve English language skills if required
- Generous help with relocation costs for travel and transportation of belongings/furniture
- Temporary serviced accommodation for when you first arrive, as well as help to find a suitable long term property
- Commuting allowance of 500 pounds for the first 28 days in post
- Induction training and continued mentorship for the duration of the programme
- Attractive and competitive salary
- GMC registration fees and OH checks reimbursed
- Support towards Indemnity Insurance
- Minimum 3-year role with an NHS practice in London
GPs in England are the foundation of the NHS. They are general experts in the whole field of medicine, managing healthcare outcomes for all their patients, including acute illness, long-term conditions, and mental health problems.
GPs usually work in practices, working in close teams alongside nurses, healthcare assistants, practice managers, receptionists, and other staff. They provide continuing medical care for patients in the community, or will refer patients to hospital clinics for further assessment or specialist treatment.
Many GPs choose to work in England because of the attractive salaries and benefits – but the work offers much, much more. You'll have the opportunity to extend your clinical experience as part of a team of 1.3 million NHS employees, all of whom are proud to work for a national treasure and many of whom have come to England from locations across the globe.
Similar searches: England