General Practitioner with Special Interest in MSK
Are you a General Practitioner with a special interest in MSK Conditions? Are you looking for a portfolio career?
Then working for the Buckinghamshire MSK Care UK team may be the job for you.
Care UK is the largest provider of unscheduled care services in the UK and we proudly continue to lead the way with innovation in line with the vision of the NHS. This means we have a constant need to add to our bright and dynamic medical team to ensure we continue to fulfil the lives of our patients.
We’re looking for a GP with a special interest in musculoskeletal conditions to join our MSK service in Buckinghamshire, where you’ll be based at one of our centres in either High Wycombe, Chalfont or Aylesbury.
We can offer work on a permanent, bank or self-employed basis to suit your needs.
If you want to broaden your clinical experience, are looking for more flexible hours, and need the freedom to develop a more fulfilling career in line with your interests, then Care UK is the quintessential place for you.
We’ll make sure that your skills are kept completely up to date with a CPD programme. We work closely with the NHS and ensure to provide an environment where there are always opportunities to innovate and learn and put your ideas forward.
About the Job
As a member of the Buckinghamshire MSK service, you’ll provide clinical assessment, diagnosis and interventions to patients’ requirements whilst making timely decisions regarding future management.
You’ll place an active involvement in Clinical Governance/Effectiveness activities and will provide a highly specialist resource to other healthcare staff, patients and carers.
You’ll be part of a diverse multidisciplinary team of clinicians including other GPs, Physiotherapists, APPs, Radiographers and Sonographers who all work collaboratively to deliver the best possible care to our patients.
Our permanent contract is offered on a part-time basis, up to 24 hours per week. We can negotiate and be flexible around working hours, with shifts available Monday – Friday, or on Saturdays if you’d prefer to work on a weekend.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive Pay
- 33 days annual leave (pro-rata, including bank holidays)
- 5 days study leave (pro-rata)
- Company Pension Scheme
- 2x Life Assurance
- Contribution towards Eye test and Glasses
- Cycle to work scheme – offering discounts rates and payment plans of bicycles and equipment
- Care UK perks –offering you discounts and cash back with large retailers
- Annual employee recognition award ceremony
- Employee assistance programme, including support for you and your family
- Occupational health support
- Access to our bespoke e-learning system
How will we support you?
- Regional and National Leadership development opportunities
- Senior clinical support, 24 hours a day
- Education and training tailored to your needs and interests
- Our bespoke Learning Management System to address your learning needs
- Discounted rates for national GP update/clinical topic refreshers
- Dedicated feedback to support appraisals
What we'll need from you
- Be on the GMC Register
- Be on the GP Performers List with a valid CCT
- Hold a Diploma/MSc in MSK Medicine / rheumatology, or be trained to registrar level in orthopaedics.
- Have experience of treating and working with MSK conditions
- Be competent in joint injection techniques
As an organisation Care UK is at the cutting edge of service development underpinned by a commitment to developing strong and effective leaders and embedding quality improvement methodologies. There is a strong track record of career progression within the organisation.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Care UK is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you'd like to learn more, arrange an informal visit to the service or have any questions please contact Lisa Dyson - email@example.com / 07580 017274
Together we make things better.
Patients are at the heart of everything we do.
Everyone one of us matters.
Similar searches: England