Discover GP Champion - Careers Fairs and Events
Do you want to inspire future GPs?
Inspire and shape the future of general practice by volunteering as a Discover GP Champion at exciting local and national careers fairs and events. You will provide invaluable support to interested pupils, students and foundation doctors in pursuing a career in general practice.
What does the role involve?
- attending local careers fairs and events
- advocating a career in general practice and speaking with school pupils, medical students and foundation doctors about the opportunities associated with a career in general practice.
- adhere to all relevant policies and procedures of the RCGP, including our Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, Data Protection and Confidentiality policies
What skills and qualities do you need?
RCGP is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of our membership. You don’t need to have any experience to volunteer in this role, but ideally you should be able to demonstrate the following skills and qualities:
- understanding of the application process to become a GP (from medical school onwards)
- openness to share positive experiences of your job and the profession
- good interpersonal skills (where possible with the target audience)
- be a current RCGP member
- an ability to work as part of a team
- an ability to complete tasks effectively and efficiently
- willingness to uphold and demonstrate RCGP’s values. Our values are Care, Leadership, Excellence and Teamwork.
Please see the role description for more information about this role.
How to apply
To get involved, please email email@example.com
To find out how we respect and protect your personal information in line with GDPR, read our privacy statement: https://www.rcgp.org.uk/terms-and-conditions/privacy-statement.aspx
Similar searches: Nationwide