Bespoke, Individualised Portfolio GP Roles in North Cumbria
Something exciting is developing in North Cumbria. We want our region to be the best place to work as a GP. Bold claims considering how difficult things are at the moment. But it starts with the desire to help GP’s feel supported and valued. It starts with the Blencathra Project.
Front and centre to this plan are our Portfolio roles. A radical new approach at undertaking general practice, with one simple question: “What sort of GP career would you like?”.
We’re keen for individual doctors to be valued and priority given for their own development. Here are the headlines:
- Development of flexible, bespoke, individualised portfolio roles for salaried GPs. Created in line with individual interests and not just “off the shelf”, in both clinical and non-clinical roles, alongside peer support:
- Professional development fund available – covering expenses associated with an individual’s development, including backfill for self-study alongside courses, accreditation and even travel & accommodation
- Education – Working with our local university to aid teaching medical students and PAs
- Leadership – Opportunities to help develop our emerging PCNs across our region
- Research – Further primary care research regionally, with support from nationally renowned institutes.
- We’ve developed a brand new, custom built web platform and mobile app to be a single point of access for all CPD events across our region. We’ve called it, the CLIC Academy:
- Book, attend and export CPD points to your appraisal/revalidation system
- Attend remote access, live streamed CPD events.
- Our novel approach towards GP education at “protected learning time”
- Fully funded by the CCG, small group learning amongst fellow clinical colleagues within our well established “Primary Care Networks”
- Supported by input from secondary care specialists
- An emerging “buddy scheme”
- Sharing experience and knowledge amongst newly qualified and senior GPs
For more information, please contact: Fiona Chatten (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Amit Paik (email@example.com). Alternatively, please call us on: 01768 245480 for an informal chat.
Similar searches: Cumbria