Overseas- Canada- General Practitioner
General Practitioner (GP)
Start date: Immediate- Must be able to relocate to Canada within the next 3-6 months
Minimum education: MBBS or equivalent
Must have MRCGP to qualify for a 3 year waiver with the entrance exam
Vancouver, British Columbia
This is a great opportunity for a General Practitioner (GP) to work in a full-time capacity with a fantastic health Centre based in Vancouver, Western Canada’s largest medical clinic. Established in 1937, the practice is a well established and recognized provider of community based primary care and specialized clinical services in the beautiful city of Vancouver.
The Health Centre is rapidly growing, and currently delivers multidisciplinary team-based care at two modern and well-equipped sites within central Vancouver, with access to comprehensive on-site laboratory, diagnostic imaging facilities and pharmacy. The Health Centre provides an excellent setting that strives to promote a healthy work-life balance and focuses on the professional development and satisfaction of its multidisciplinary team.
The ideal candidate would enjoy working in a dynamic team-based environment and have an interest in learning and ongoing development of clinical and interpersonal skills.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Immunize patients.
- Prescribe treatments or therapies.
- Prescribe medications.
- Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients' condition.
- Analyze test data or images to inform diagnosis or treatment.
- Order medical diagnostic or clinical tests.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results.
- Collect medical information from patients, family members, or other medical professionals.
- Record patient medical histories.
- Monitor patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Monitor patient progress or responses to treatments.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Explain medical procedures or test results to patients or family members.
- Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Provide health and wellness advice to patients, program participants, or caregivers.
- Advise communities or institutions regarding health or safety issues.
- Refer patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary.
- Refer patients to other healthcare practitioners or health resources.
- Deliver babies.
- Care for women during pregnancy and childbirth.
- Coordinate work with nurses, social workers, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other health care providers.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to plan or provide treatment.
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, students, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff.
- Supervise patient care personnel.
- Operate on patients to remove, repair, or improve functioning of diseased or injured body parts and systems.
- Operate on patients to treat conditions.
- Plan, implement, or administer health programs or standards in hospitals, businesses, or communities for prevention or treatment of injury or illness.
- Design public or employee health programs.
- Direct healthcare delivery programs.
Remuneration and Benefits
The package is awaiting confirmation; but is around 252k CAD a year based on a contractual amount of hours which are 1680 per yea (roughly 38 hours a week)
Relocation wise: The client can help with the red tape no relocation package is on offer at this time, what they can do however is expedite the process massively, and also, guarantee work from day one.
How to apply
Kindly submit your application, including CV, cover letter, and remuneration expectations to Sophie.firstname.lastname@example.org Please write “GP Application” in the email subject line, these will then be passed onto the client and interviews arranged over skype or facetime
Similar searches: England