Job opportunity –Camden/London area
- Physician Associate General Practice
- Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 Dependant on skills and experience
- Full time: 08:30-18:30 Monday to Friday
- Permanent post subject to successful completion of 3 months probationary period
We are looking for a Physician Associate to join our friendly, dynamic, supportive, evidence-based, patient-focussed, forward-thinking and innovative GMS practice in West Camden.
The Applicant should be registered on the MVR list.
Our practice is…
- 4,400 patients with a diverse population, single handed Practice
- Diverse multidisciplinary team – Physician Associate, Long term locums, HCA running chronic disease management clinics, District Nursing and Health Visitors team
- High achieving practice – QOF, Extended hours and full range of Enhanced Services
- Well behaved patient population
- Convivial and friendly working environment.
- Reflective – analysing significant event reviews and patient questionnaires. Regular team meetings
- Drive to practice high quality patient-focused clinical medicine
- As a busy inner London practice we have a higher rate of younger families and a small very elderly village based population
- Traditional premises. EMIS Web with Docman. EMIS check in screens.
- Helpful Patient Services Team to support the clinical team.
The Physician Associate post involves: assessing, examining, diagnosing, investigating and treating patients who present in General Practice. This includes on the day acute appointments, routine/follow up appointments for patients with chronic conditions and home visits. You will work closely with the supervising GP on a daily basis and have regular clinical supervision sessions as part of your continuing professional development. You will be expected to carry out the administrative duties involved with the role and contribute to practice targets both nationally and locally though QOF and enhanced services. You will demonstrate critical thinking in the clinical decision-making process. Your work will be of a collaborative nature with the general practice team to meet the needs of patients, supporting the delivery of the policies and procedures of the practice.
Full-time, 9 clinical sessions from 10:00 to 18:30, 1 pm session for proactive Home Visits and 1 session with extended hours.
We are open from 8.00am to 6:30pm with late evenings on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. You should hold a clean, valid and full UK driving licence. Car parking available.
We would consider applications from new graduates, experienced and overseas PAs to establish this new post in the practice. We are keen supporters of new healthcare professionals in Primary Care and look forward to hearing from you.
Informal enquiries and practice visits are welcome. For more information please contact the Practice Manager Mrs Maryla Wood on firstname.lastname@example.org.