We have an exciting opportunity for local GPs to join the team as a Clinical Lead. This position is available for 5 sessions per week, with a job share considered. Our Integrated Urgent Care (IUC) service provides access to a wide range of clinical and specialist NHS Services all accessible via NHS 111 and leads the way as part NHS England’s vision.
Who are we?
Herts UrgentCare (HUC) provides accessible and high quality Integrated Urgent Healthcareservices for the patients of Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Bedfordshire & Luton. As a Social Enterprise, we have been providing a cross county GP Out of Hours service since 2008. When patients are ill and need the right medical attention, patients can phone the NHS111 service provided by HUC to access medical advice, assessment and treatment. We also provide a range of other healthcare services to support patients and GPs, including running GP practices and urgent care centres.
We deliver Extended GP Access in Hemel Hempstead, and from the 1st of April we will be providing an Integrated Urgent Care service alongside Extended Access in West Essex.
We are looking for established and respected GPs to provide clinical leadership and direction, to ensure the delivery of a continued safe service. You will have a track record of clinical leadership, with a desire to lead strategic change, whilst being Patient focused. Working as part of the wider team, this role will be based in our call centre in Peterborough with travel across Cambridge & Peterborough region.
- £323 per session
- Up to 5 sessions per week available (job share considered)
- 30 days annual leave pro rata, plus public bank holidays
- Flexibility of hours to suit the individual and the service
- NHS pension, perkbox reward scheme
- Drive the implementation of clinical initiatives
- Ensure the service complies with all governance requirements
- Contribute to ongoing productivity and efficiency objectives
- Work with the management team to deliver quality standards and KPIs
- Engage with our Clinical workforce and lead educational events and development
- Support the recruitment, induction, performance and training of our GP workforce
- Provide clinical advice and recommendations to clinicians within the Service
- Work closely with key stakeholders including our commissioners
We are looking for
- Ideally a local, respected clinician, with some experience of working in Out of Hours
- Ambition to develop or proven leadership/management skills
- Demonstration of the importance of putting the patient at the heart of decision making
- Drive to develop, coach and mentor colleagues
- Willingness to work within the service (outside Clinical Leadership hours)
“Please apply early as this vacancy may close before the given closing date when sufficient applications are received”
Similar searches: Cambridgeshire