RCGP Educational Accreditation Clinical Lead in London
The Royal College of General Practitioners is seeking to recruit a Clinical Lead (clinical employee role) for its Educational Accreditation scheme.
The aim of the RCGP Educational Accreditation scheme is to accredit high quality educational activities for GPs and other primary care professionals. The RCGP Educational Accreditation scheme is a benchmark of quality that enables GPs to identify high quality educational activities that are relevant to their continuing professional development. The scheme was introduced following the successful merge of two separate accreditation systems: RCGP Accreditation of Educational Products and EPASS.
The Clinical Lead will have first line responsibility for all clinical aspects of the RCGP Educational Accreditation scheme, with final sign off from the Medical Director for Accreditation. Primary responsibilities will be for the Clinical Lead role:
- To provide expert guidance and support the Accreditation Assessment Panel members and lead on the appraisal of assessors
- To have first clinical sign off (final sign off – Medical Director) on all accreditation applications
- To ensure the successful launch and implementation of the new scheme
- To share best practice with fellow assessors and contribute to the College’s central repository of information (Guidance, FAQs, web resources, etc)
- To ensure promotion of the schemes within relevant organisations which provide educational activities or programme of activities
- Promote awareness of other College products and services, where relevant
Candidates will be expected to have a good knowledge of current continuing professional development issues including the main principles of quality assurance of educational activities designed for GPs and other primary care professionals. They should have experience as a GP educator, strong links with the RCGP and, ideally, have some experience of quality assuring and assessing educational activities.
Term of office: Three years fixed term (subject to annual review) – renewable once at end of term
Remuneration: £20,531k per year for 2 sessions (8 hours) per week.
In addition to the sessional payment, agreed travel and subsistence expenses will be reimbursed, although travel is expected to be minimal.
Interview date: 4th March 2019
Start date: Mar/April 2019
To apply, please submit a letter of interest stating how you meet the job description criteria. The letter should be submitted along with a recent Curriculum Vitae.
Please apply using the following email address, stating clearly in the subject box, ‘Application for Clinical Lead: Accreditation’
Similar searches: London (Central)