General Practitioner, Greater London
- The Practice Group
- Greater London
- Up to £9000 per session, up to 9 sessions
- Recruit Type
- Direct Employer
- Full time, Part time
- £90,000 - £100,000
The Practice Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of primary and community health care. Established by our two GP directors in 2005, we deliver a supported and sustainable quality service for GP surgeries. The Practice Group believes strongly in innovative community-based healthcare and delivers specialist clinical services directly to the community so that patients can be treated closer to home.
About the Surgery
- Circa 6,000 registered patients (mainly young families)
- There are good transport links; both East and West Croydon railway stations and bus terminus are within a ¾ of a mile walking distance; however trams and buses from both stations are very frequent if transport closer to the centre is required.
- Unfortunately there is no onsite parking but the nearest car park is Wandle Car Park which is situated approximately five minutes walk away. There is also limited on street meter parking.
- Located off the main high street there are plenty of shops and amenities nearby
- Rated Good by CQC
- Clinical workforce: 1 Clinical Lead GP; 7 self-employed GPs; 1 Practice Nurse; 3 HCAs
Why join us?
- Spend more time with patients and less time with paperwork!
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 5 days CPD leave
- Key roles available in leading practice development
- Fully flexible working patterns
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Fully reimbursed Indemnity Insurance for The Practice Group sessions
- Paid for DBS checks
- Be part of a network of general practitioners
- The Practice Academy – offering extensive career development opportunities to meet your career aspirations
- Free Employee assistance programme (counselling and advice) provided by AXA
- Optional salary-sacrifice childcare vouchers
- Optional salary-sacrifice car & bike scheme
- Optional retail discount card
- Provide clinical care to patients as described in the job plan, this will include consultation sessions, telephone triage, correspondence, results, medication reviews and prescription signing and other clinical administration, safeguarding lead, medicals, reports, home visits, surgery meetings and on-call (excluding out of hours).
- Adhere to the highest personal and professional standards as set out by the GMC and to put individual patient care as your priority.
- Working with the Practice Manager and site clinical lead to support the development, delivery and review of the surgery action plan – including list growth, patient satisfaction levels, QOF, enhanced services, KPI targets, resource profile and cost management.
- To work closely with the surgery primary health care team in delivering clinical care, including attendance at practice team meetings.
- Ensure on-going CPD to keep abreast of new clinical developments and maintain an appreciation of the commitments and requirements of the wider clinical workforce
- Ensure that personal mandatory and organisationally required training is up to date
- Ensure engagement with NHS annual strengthened appraisal, PDP production and GMC revalidation.
- Document and report significant events and matters relating to clinical governance to the clinical lead or site manager.
- At all times to behave as a professional clinician and act as ambassador for The Practice
- Current registration with GMC and engaged in regular clinical work
- An experienced doctor with GP accreditation
- MRCGP examination or equivalent experience
- Sound knowledge of the principles and values that support good medical practice
- Good organisational skills
- Will have excellent interpersonal skills and be committed to working as part of a team
- Will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Clear commitment to delivering quality and patient focused services
- Record of continuous professional development
The closing date is given as a guide & we reserve the right to close the post early once we have received a sufficient number of applicants, so we advise you to submit your application early to avoid disappointment.
We regret that we are unable to respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of the closing date please assume that you are unsuccessful on this occasion. Please rest assured that is not meant as a discourtesy and you should not let this deter you from future applications.
The Practice Group is an equal opportunities employer and will ensure that no applicant is treated less favourably on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
The Practice Group is a Disability Confident Committed employer and as such, we will ensure as users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
The Practice Group is licensed to issue certificates of sponsorship, applications are welcomed from General Practitioners who require a Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK and will be considered along with all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as we are unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The Visa and Immigration Service requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post
Similar searches: London (Greater)
More search results
Salaried General Practitioner (GP) 1 Year Scheme …
City & Hackney GP Confederation
Salaried GPs Required, Wimbledon SW19
Tudor Lodge Health Centre
General Practitioner - Beckenham Beacon UCC - Gre…
Salaried GP to join practice in Maida Vale: £10,0…
Physicians Associate in Wimbledon, London
Morden Hall Medical Practice