The Practice Group is currently recruiting for a GP Clinical Lead to work in our practice John Smith Medical Centre
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE POST
Delivery of and commitment to quality, patient outcome focused care; working closely with the site Practice Manager to develop the practice team to deliver efficient, effective and value for money care and service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide clinical care to patients as described in the job plan, this will include consultation sessions, telephone triage, correspondence, results, medication reviews and prescription signing and other clinical administration, safeguarding lead, medicals, reports, home visits, surgery meetings and on-call (excluding out of hours).
- To adhere to the highest personal and professional standards as set out by the GMC and to put individual patient care as your priority.
- Working with the Practice Manager (and Locality Clinical Lead and Business Manager) to support the development, delivery and review of the surgery action plan – including list growth, patient satisfaction levels, QOF, enhanced services, KPI targets, resource profile and cost management.
- To have a sound working knowledge of the site contract, accounts and metrics.
- Attend regular meetings with on-site PM to discuss over-arching Practice issues and service provision, review monthly accounts and progress against business plan – ideally weekly but at least monthly.
- Provide clinical leadership for the surgery primary health care team in delivery of clinical care and recruitment of clinical team members.
- Support for sales, marketing and communications teams.
- To provide clinical leadership and support to the site’s GPs, nurses and trainees.
- To be a key team player and the ‘go to’ person for clinical issues at site level for all inc. reception/admin team members.
- Deliver regular clinical practice meetings ideally weekly but at least monthly, with minutes and action points and support at general practice meetings.
- Support the Practice Manager with clinical performance management issues.
- Support site clinicians in maintaining a fit for purpose medical workforce through annual performance review and clinical notes audit Agree study leave for site clinicians.
- To provide input with regard to development: clinical protocols/procedures, clinical systems use, evidence based practice, medicines management, clinical induction, probation sign off & training, audit and QOF delivery and performance.
- To ensure that all clinicians involved in local service provision are aware of their roles in the key processes.
- At all times to behave as a professional clinician and act as ambassador for The Practice.
- An experienced doctor with GP accreditation
- Current registration with GMC and NHS performers list (with no conditions preventing working or restrictions on practice)
- Record of on-going CPD and learning
- MRCGP examination or equivalent experience
- Sound knowledge of clinical governance
- Will have an understanding of the political agenda and drivers influencing primary care provision.
- Good leadership skills with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Good organisational and IT skills desirable
Similar searches: Essex