Wisbech Salaried GP
mbi Medical have been requested to source a salaried GP for the Wisbech area.
Below is an idea of the details of the role, however, if you would like further information, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
01992 568 480
Salary - Dependant on Experience
The post-holder will provide medical services, manage caseloads and deal with a wide range of health needs in a primary care setting, ensuring a high standard of care for all registered and temporary patients. The post-holder may have the opportunity to take part in leading on chronic disease management (monitoring trends in treatment and prescribing) and assist in developing appropriate healthcare services.
Job role and main duties:
Multi team clinics
Multi team clinics are unique to North Brink Practice and an understanding of their operation and systems is important to any applicant:
- The post holder will be expected to work with a team of appropriately trained nurses to deliver both same day and follow up care
- The same day clinic runs with up to four nurses, seeing patients who have requested an appointment only that day. The nurses see the patient initially, calling the GP for advice and help where appropriate
- The follow up clinic involves up to three nurses seeing only pre-booked patients
- The GP will be available to advise, instruct on investigation and follow up as well as dictating appropriate notes and recommending onward referral where necessary
- The nurse will annotate notes and deal with referral and admin
- The GP needs to be able to manage the larger team, prioritise and have an eye on time keeping
- They will also provide support to the team through a post clinic de-brief
- Ideally at the end of each clinic all paperwork is completed and necessary follow up arranged
A number of virtual clinics are run which requires specialist (GP) input:
- The applicant may, depending on skills, be asked to manage such a clinic
- The main concept is that patients whether by self-measurement or other means provide the necessary values to allow a clinical decision on management to be made. A clinician “virtually” looks at the patients notes and suggests management change (or not) in the notes and another professional delivers that change. The post will involve working in this way where appropriate
In accordance with the practice timetable the post-holder may undertake a variety of duties including:
- Evening and weekend clinics as part of the Wisbech GP Hub
- Surgery consultations
- Dealing with emergencies
- On call clinics and extended hours
- Telephone consultations, queries and triaging
- Home visits and Care Planning
- Prescription processing
- Administering patient test results and incoming reports
- Producing medical reports and examinations (e.g. Insurance Companies)
- Signposting and making referrals as required
- Involvement in QOF
- Administration of paperwork including referral letters and correspondence
- Taking part in multi team clinics for both same day and pre booked patients to agreed timings and caseloads
- Virtual chronic disease clinics where appropriate
- Make professional decisions in relation to patient diagnosis and problems, whether self-referred or referred from other clinicians within the practice.
- Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of disease.
- Provide counselling and health education.
- Record clear and concise SystmOne consultations to a good standard.
- A good understanding of choose and book referral system and liaison with Admin team.
- Participate in primary care research network.
- Collect data for audit purposes.
- Participate in the QOF ensuring data is coded and recorded accurately.
- Compile and issue computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions in line with dispensary standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and in accordance with locally agreed or national guidelines.
- Use of Electronic Prescribing System for non-dispensing patients.
Similar searches: Wisbech