GP Clinical Lead - West Essex
We have an exciting new opportunity for a GP to join the team as a Clinical Lead. The West Essex NHS Clinical Commissioning Group has awarded HUC a contract for a new integrated care service, which brings together local NHS111, GP Out of Hours and GP extended access services in evenings and on weekends under one provideras an Integrated Urgent Care Service (IUC).
Herts Urgent Care (HUC) already provides accessible and high quality Integrated Urgent Healthcare services for the patients of Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Bedfordshire & Luton. As a Social Enterprise, we have been providing a cross county GP Out of Hours service since 2008. When patients are ill and need the right medical attention, patients can phone the NHS111 service provided by HUC to access medical advice, assessment and treatment. We also provide a range of other healthcare services to support patients and GPs, including running GP practices and urgent care centres.
- Competitive salary plus professional indemnity cover for clinical shifts
- 4 sessions per week
- 30 days annual leave pro rata
- NHS pension and perkbox reward scheme
We are looking for an established and respected GP to provide clinical leadership and direction. You will have a track record of clinical leadership, with a desire to lead strategic change, whilst being Patient focused.Working as part of the wider team, this role will be based in our call centre in Welwyn Garden City with travel across the West Essex region.
As the Clinical Lead, you will work closely with our senior managers to mobilise the new IUC Service across West Essex and deliver a continued safe service.
- Implement initiatives and governance
- Develop the service including outcomes of care, specifications and quality standards
- Base proposals within the wider requirements of the IUC
- Contribute to ongoing productivity and efficiency objectives
- Ensure service adherence with quality standards and KPIs.
- Ensure patient safety and adherence to all appropriate risk management processes
- Provide clinical advice and recommendations to clinicians within the Service
- Manage the Clinical Leads for the Service
- Represent HUC at external meetings on clinical matters
- Work alongside with other regional IUC Clinical Leads and Medical Director to share and develop best practice.
Quality Services, Efficiency, Patient Care, Respect
Similar searches: Essex