Practice Manager, Nottingham
- The Practice Group
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
- Up to £33,000 per annum
- Recruit Type
- Direct Employer
- Full time
- Below 60,000
The Practice Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of primary and community health care. Established by our two GP directors in 2005, we deliver a supported and sustainable quality service for GP surgeries. The Practice Group believes strongly in innovative community-based healthcare and delivers specialist clinical services directly to the community so that patients can be treated closer to home.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Full reimbursed DBS
- Employee assistance programme
- Optional salary-sacrifice car & bike scheme
- Optional retail discount card
Established by our two GP directors in 2005 The Practice Group is one of the county’s leading providers of NHS primary, community and home-based care via our 6 divisions. We work extensively with clinical commissioning groups, local authorities and the wider NHS; together with private individuals and independent case managers. As TPG General Practice we deliver a supported and sustainable quality service for GP surgeries. TPG Complex Care is focused in delivering high quality home-based complex healthcare services. TPG Eyes and TPG Dermatology provide a range of innovative community based services including Ophthalmology and Dermatology. TPG Data Analytics and TPG Primary Care Support provide actionable insights, capacity and capability for healthcare providers.
Working with the site Clinical Lead to manage and lead the practice both operationally and strategically, ensuring achievement of targets, delivery within budget and the development of the service. This includes line management of the administrative staff and being responsible for the day to day smooth running of the practice. In addition, the Practice Manager is required to develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders and ensure delivery of a high quality, value for money service to patients.
To be the CQC registered manager for the site.
MAIN TASKS – PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieve patient satisfaction according to organisational and contractual changes
- Engage with patient population
- Ensure staff are trained in patient satisfaction and contract and organisation’s standards
- Prepare, validate and submit accurate management reports in specified time lines
- Have an active involvement in setting site budget
- Manage all areas of responsibility within budget
- Increase revenue above budget
- Adopt the 7 Steps of clinical governance including baseline risk assessment
- Escalate all governance concerns in a timely manner
- All mandatory training completed within the team in the timelines
- Robust implementation of guidelines, policies, procedures and alerts
Health and Safety
- Ensure all risk assessments are completed and recorded in an accurate and timely manner
- Act upon any outstanding recommendations/requirements highlighted by risk assessments
- Co-ordinate and monitor delivery of mandatory H&S training modules
- Ensure accidents are appropriately recorded and escalated
- Ensure building and premises are fit for purpose
Contract and Client Management
- Understand and deliver services in line with contractual requirements
- Deliver set KPI’s and report on exceptions with detailed narrative
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Ensure team have skills and abilities to do their job
- Continual/ongoing assessment of team’s performance and take appropriate action
- Achieve effective communications with all employees
- Ensure adherence to employment legislation and company HR procedures
- Management of employment data
- Efficient and maximisation of resources and staff
- Will have at least previous experience in a management position in a customer or patient care environment and managed a min of 8 personnel to deliver challenging financial and customer targets
- Good GCSE grades in English and Maths are essential
- Must have customer/patient care skills and have worked in a customer/patient facing environment in healthcare and or retail
- Competence in Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint as a minimum)
- Knowledge of IT based administrative processes is needed
- Excellent organisation skills required along with ability to prioritise and work to very high standards of performance
- Be comfortable in driving teams to meet objectives
- Must have experience of managing performance and sound knowledge of Employment Legislation
- Working knowledge of TUPE and Agenda for Change terms of employment a distinct advantage
- Be comfortable in supporting the business in seeking and delivering revenue opportunities
- Excellent communications skills are needed, both written and verbal
- High self-confidence required to deal with senior people, internally and externally, and often conflicting views and timescales
- Needs to be sensitive to working with confidential issues and information and politics
- Should have a creative approach to problem solving and strive for continuous improvement
The closing date is given as a guide & we reserve the right to close the post early once we have received a sufficient number of applicants, so we advise you to submit your application early to avoid disappointment.
We regret that we are unable to respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of the closing date please assume that you are unsuccessful on this occasion. Please rest assured that is not meant as a discourtesy and you should not let this deter you from future applications.
The Practice Group is an equal opportunities employer and will ensure that no applicant is treated less favourably on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
The Practice Group is a Disability Confident Committed employer and as such, we will ensure as users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
The Practice Group is licensed to issue certificates of sponsorship, applications are welcomed from General Practitioners who require a Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK and will be considered along with all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as we are unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The Visa and Immigration Service requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post
Similar searches: Nottingham