Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Essex
The Practice Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of primary and community health care. Established by our two GP directors in 2005, we deliver a supported and sustainable quality service for GP surgeries. The Practice Group believes strongly in innovative community-based healthcare and delivers specialist clinical services directly to the community so that patients can be treated closer to home.
Salary: From £32,400 pa to £38,160 pa (depending upon experience) based on 27 hours per week plus benefits
2 days of 7.5 hours, Wednesday and Friday at Northumberland Avenue and 2 days of 6 hours at Leecon Way, days to be agreed
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Full reimbursed DBS
- Employee assistance programme
- Optional salary-sacrifice childcare vouchers
- Optional salary-sacrifice car & bike scheme
- Optional retail discount card
The Practice Group are currently recruiting for an Advanced Nurse Practitioner for 27 hours per week. This is an exciting role for an Advanced Nurse Practitioner to work part-time, four days per week across two surgeries, The Practice Northumberland Avenue and The Practice Leecon Way, which are within 15 minutes’ drive of each other.
• Circa 6500 registered patients
• Parking outside surgery and bus and train a short walk
• Shops and amenities nearby
• Clinical workforce: 2 GPs, 1 Advanced Nurse Practitioner, 1 Practice Nurse; 1 HCA
• CQC Rating - Good
• Circa 3500 registered patients with a broad patient profile.
• Staff car parking available onsite, Rochford Train Station 12 minutes’ walk. The surgery is served by bus routes 7, 8, 807, 808, 809, 810, 811, 812 and 813 within 4 minutes’ walk.
• Parking outside surgery and bus and train a short walk away
• Londis minimarket nearby and central Rochford 12 minutes’ walk which has a choice of amenities including Sainsbury’s Local.
• Clinical workforce: 2 GPs; 1 Nurse Practitioner; 2 Practice Nurses
• CQC Rating - Good
Ideally, we would like someone willing to work 2 full days at The Practice Northumberland Avenue, and the remaining 12 hours to be worked at The Practice Leecon Way. We're open to flexibility and discussing how the 12 hours are worked, so please apply, indicating that you're open to a chat about this role.
The post holder is an experienced nurse who, acting within their professional boundaries, will provide care for the presenting patient from initial history taking, clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of care.
They will demonstrate safe, clinical decision-making and expert care, including assessment and diagnostic skills, for patients within the general practice.
The post holder will demonstrate critical thinking in the clinical decision-making process.
They will work collaboratively with the general practice team to meet the needs of patients, supporting the delivery of policy and procedures, and providing nurse leadership as required.
In order to work at this level NMC requirement for advanced practice must be met.
- MSC in Nurse Practitioner or Advanced Practice
- Independent prescriber
- Teaching and Assessing in Practice
- NMC registration check
- Professional portfolio
- Special knowledge/Experience Competencies
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrate the application of evidence based practice
- Able to demonstrate and depth and breath of current issues and policies with in the NHS and have the ability to translate this into practice
- Autonomous practitioner working independently and in conjunction with other health care professionals.
- Very high level of clinical skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Undertaking and experience of interagency working and adult/child safeguarding
- Experience of continued professional development
UK registered nurse with significant post registration experience
- Nurse Practitioner qualification an advantage
- Nurse Prescriber qualification essential
- Minor Illness and Injury qualification essential
- Extensive clinical experience in A&E and/ or Primary Care
- Ability to maintain and monitor high standards of care
- Ability to direct and co-ordinate programmes of care working autonomously and collaboratively
- Effective organisational skills
- Evidence of experience in embracing and implementing change to provide high quality health outcome
- The ability to work in a changing, demanding and stressful situation
- Communication skills- both verbally and in writing at all levels
- IT systems skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Good presentation of self, enthusiastic, innovative and flexible
- Self motivated, positive and committed
- Be flexible in order to cover annual leave and sickness of team members.
- Continue education by attending courses/study days as deemed useful for professional development
- Must keep abreast of changes and progress in nursing care.
- Have ability to work on own initiative, acknowledging limitations and recognising when referral is needed.
- Maintain accurate, comprehensive records of all consultations and treatment.
The closing date is given as a guide & we reserve the right to close the post early once we have received a sufficient number of applicants, so we advise you to submit your application early to avoid disappointment.
We regret that we are unable to respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of the closing date please assume that you are unsuccessful on this occasion. Please rest assured that is not meant as a discourtesy and you should not let this deter you from future applications.
The Practice Group is an equal opportunities employer and will ensure that no applicant is treated less favourably on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
The Practice Group is a Disability Confident Committed employer and as such, we will ensure as users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
The Practice Group is licensed to issue certificates of sponsorship, applications are welcomed from General Practitioners who require a Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK and will be considered along with all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as we are unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The Visa and Immigration Service requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post
Similar searches: Essex