Salaried GP vacancy in Wakefield: up to £10,500 per session
Opportunity for an experienced or newly qualified GP to join a friendly, well-established practice that has just moved to a brand new purpose built facility in the Wakefield area.
Clinical responsibilities will include:
- The post holder will undertake a variety of duties including surgery consultations, telephone consultations, queries, home visits, reviewing and signing repeat and acute prescriptions, review tests results and patient correspondences, medical reports, referral letters NHS/private in a timely manner
- Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems
- To record clear and contemporaneous consultation notes
- Collecting data for audit purposes
- Prescribe in accordance with the practice prescribing formulary (or generically) whenever this is clinically appropriate
- In general, undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care
The package is an outstanding one and are paying up to:
Up to £10,500 per session + Full indemnity & NHS pension
Breakdown of the practice
- 12000 patients
- 6 GPs
- Full nursing team – including ANP
- Practice nurses covering all week
- 2 HCAs
- Full supporting admin and reception team
- Practice Manager / Business manager
- Phlebotomy/midwife/warfarin/counselling/smoking cessation clinics available each week.
- Minor surgery performed
- Weekly clinical meetings
- Training practice
Typical set up of the day
- 15 appointments in the morning
- one session out of the week will be purely for admin
- 15 appointments in the afternoon
- Home Visiting clinician so that GPs don’t have to routinely go out at lunchtime, but can instead manage their paperwork
- Clinical Pharmacist to support the GPs with medication reviews and prescribing
- Normally low visits
If you would like to find out some more information regarding location then please call in to discuss with a Medmatch consultant who will calculate your commute for you.
If you would like to apply then either send in your CV to Tim Costa (0778 7021 407) tcosta@ medmatch.co.uk or apply through by uploading your CV through this site.
Please also do not hesitate to call in to the office line on 0203 744 9434 and we would be happy to answer any questions you may have about the opportunity.
Similar searches: Wakefield