International GPs and GP Returners - NHS Induction & Refresher Scheme Placements and Perm...
International GPs and GP Returners - NHS Induction & Refresher Scheme Placements and Permanent Roles
Opportunities available across the UK
If you qualified as a General Practitioner/Family Doctor within Europe or you are UK-trained and looking to return to General Practice following 5+ years outside the NHS, we can support you through the GP Induction and Refresher Scheme, which is the route for all GPs to join or return to NHS General Practice in England. The scheme includes a Supervised Placement for up to 6 months, which we can offer to you, followed by a permanent opportunity within our expanding group of practices.
Join IMH and we’ll help you to feel at home from day one. Here’s what we can offer:
Support throughout the Induction and Refresher Scheme
- Dedicated and experienced Recruitment Manager to guide you through each stage of the scheme and answer any questions you may have
- Assistance with GMC Registration
- Guidance regarding the IELTS and/or OET English language tests
- 2-day Induction & Refresher Preparation Course, fully funded by IMH
- Support with MCQ exam
- Opportunity to observe in an IMH practice prior to undertaking Simulated Surgery
- Support with Simulated Surgery Assessment
- Guidance regarding your NHS registration process
- Supervised Placement with an accredited Trainer/Supervisor
- Full 2-week clinical induction
- £5000 payment to support your relocation to the UK
- Financial assistance where required during the scheme i.e. IELTS/OET courses, travel to and from the UK for assessments, Occupational Health Checks etc
- During the Supervised Placement, the NHS offer you £1250 to assist with indemnity costs, £464 towards the costs of GMC membership and DBS checks, plus a bursary payment of £3500 per month
For your permanent role with IMH:
- Salary of £80,000 - £85,000 per annum (depending on location)
- Flexible contracts – full or part-time
- Medical Indemnity contributions of up to £500 per month
- NHS Pension (14.38%)
- Options for additional locum sessions to increase your earnings
- Assistance finding short and long-term accommodation
- Guidance regarding UK bank accounts, tax and National Insurance numbers
- General advice on living/working in the UK for you and your family
Why should a GP/Family Doctor join IMH?
Primary Care is changing – we are the future. At IMH, by increasing the skill mix within our network of GP Practices, Walk-in Centres and Urgent Care Centres, we allow GPs to be GPs. We remove day-to-day distractions and allow you to concentrate on what you love - supporting your patients and developing your clinical expertise.
Whatever stage you’re at in your GP career, we’ll provide you with the high-quality support you need to keep on developing your skills within the NHS, spend more time with your patients and make a real difference to people’s lives in the UK. With us, you can look forward to:
- More time with your patients through protected appointment times
- Continual Professional Development with Medical Director mentoring
- Personal Development Plan
- Appraisal and revalidation support
- A great work/life balance
- Structured career pathway for GPs
- Competitive reward package
- Flexible working patterns
- Large network of practices
- Training and Development
- Support from our Clinical team, Operational team and Head Office functions
- Opportunities to specialise or move into management roles
- Flexible work patterns
**We also have a Candidate Referral Scheme, so if you know of any GPs who may be interested in working with IMH, please let us know and you’ll receive £1000 when they start with us**
At IMH, providing patient care is at the heart of what we do, and we don’t want to stop there.
Please apply online.
Similar searches: London (Greater)