**SALARIED GP ** YEOVIL ** EXCELLENT PRACTICE ** 3 DAYS PW ** GREAT SUPPORT TEAM **£10.5k per sess
Salaried GP required in Yeovil, Somerset
6 Sessions per week | £10.5k per session per annum (depending on experience)
Dream Medical is seeking an enthusiastic and committed Salaried GP for a Training Practice in South Somerset to cover 6 sessions per week, ideally covering Wednesdays & Fridays + one other day, but can be flexible.
In this EMIS Web Training Practice operating between 08:00 – 18:30 you will have the full support of a wonderful clinical team comprising of 4 GP Partners, 2 ANPs, a Prescribing Pharmacist, Complete Nursing Team with chronic disease management skills, Health Coaches, GPA and Prescription POD Team. They also provide LARC and minor ops onsite and are part of a successful and collaborative PCN with a clinical investigation hub based locally.
- Provide general medical services managing a caseload and dealing with a wide range of health needs in a primary care setting, ensuring the highest standards of care for all registered and temporary patients. This may, with prior agreement, include being the “named GP” for a specified group of patients.
- In accordance with the Practice timetable, as agreed, the post holder will make themselves available to undertake a variety of duties including surgery consultations, telephone and other remote consultations and queries (including, for example, online and text consultations), visiting patients at home, etc. They may also undertake the role of duty GP as required. The post-holder will have a defined job plan setting out the hours of work and responsibilities and tasks associated with the role.
- Additionally, the post holder will, during designated times within the daily workload template, participate in clinical administration including, but not confined to, laboratory results, tasks, radiology results, and hospital communications, issuing and signing acute and repeat prescriptions, and dealing with administration queries, paperwork, and correspondence in a timely fashion.
- Make professionally autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred internally within the Practice.
- Record clinical information in the GP practice computerised clinical software systems.
- Receive patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems and makes assessment of their health care needs.
- Manage patients with chronic disease or complex problems, and palliative/terminal care needs.
- Screen patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness.
- Develop care plans for health in consultation with patients and in line with current Practice disease management protocols.
- Provide counselling and health education.
- Prescribe in accordance with the NHS Somerset prescribing formulary whenever this is clinically appropriate.
- Admit or discharge patients to and from caseload and refers them to other care providers internally or externally as appropriate.
- Comply with relevant Practice policy/guidelines, e.g., Child Protection, confidentially issues etc.
- Be committed to lifelong learning, audit and evidence based best practice, supported by designated CPD internal and external sessions. Attend important Practice Meetings.
- £10.5k per session per annum (depending on experience).
- Fabulous & Helpful Team including 4 GP Partners, 2 ANPs, a Prescribing Pharmacist, Complete Nursing Team with chronic disease management skills, Health Coaches, GPA and Prescription POD Team.
- Morning & Afternoon Coffee Breaks with Colleagues.
- Summer & Christmas Parties with all food and drink paid for.
- Close to excellent train links.
- Very sociable team with all staff invited to monthly events.
- Onsite Parking.
- Training Practice.
We welcome applications from recently qualified GPs as well as from experienced GPs