Salaried GP with a view to Partnership if desired in South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Newly qualified, GP retainers and Experienced applicants welcome
Talbot Medical Centre are looking for a 5-6 sessions GP commencing August 2023 (though happy to wait for the right person). The practice is in the seaside town of South Shields, close to the Tyne Tunnel and A19. We are proud to be part of the Deep End Network, providing innovative care for patients living in an area of high deprivation. We provide good access, excellent care and continuity to our patients. We have a stable patient population of 8000 and are a well-regarded family practice providing care to generations of families.
- Dedicated clinical team of 5 GP's, 2 Nurse Practitioners, 3 Practice Nurses, 2 Health Care Assistants and 2 GP Assistants.
- Deep End Network pilot with psychologists working in practice
- Dynamic and supportive management and administrative teams
- Daily huddles with an emphasis on supportive team working
- Monthly clinical & quality meetings
- 15-minute face to face appointments
- Innovative approach to providing care including a monthly coffee social for patients
- Extended appointment nurse practitioner clinic for complex patients with additional needs
- Medical student teaching for both Sunderland and Newcastle Universities
- CQC rating Good, Outstanding for children and young people
- Acute Care Team support for home visits
- Extended Roles provided across PCN; Mental Health Practitioners, Social Prescribers, Podiatrists, Physiotherapists, Pharmacists, Admiral Nurses
- Emis Web with Ardens templates
- Partnership owned premises
We welcome dynamic, progressive & innovate ideas and can offer in return mentoring and support as well as some flexibility regarding sessions if required.
Informal discussion or visits welcomed. Do get in touch on 0191 4553867 and come and meet our friendly team!