GP Member of RCGPNI Patient Network
The RCGPNI Patient Network is a voluntary group which enables patients to engage with the College in Northern Ireland and ensure the patient voice is heard. The RCGPNI Patient Network is responsible for:
- Leading activities that encourage GPs to work effectively in partnership with patients and public.
- Influencing and responding to activity in Northern Ireland that impacts on the quality of patient care.
- Providing a patient perspective to the work of RCGPNI.
- Attending meetings, quarterly and ad-hoc when required, of the Patient Network, supporting lay volunteers to provide patient feedback on areas of interest, including RCGP and Northern Ireland Council papers where appropriate.
- Providing lay members with clinical and contextual guidance from a GP perspective on topics of discussion, where required, during Patient Network meetings and activities.
- Actively promoting the patient voice and encouraging patient volunteers to engage in College-led activity.
- Supporting the Patient Network contribution to the College's strategic, campaigning and policy priorities, including input into RCGP policy papers, consultation responses and other documents when required. This includes reviewing any relevant documentation in preparation for supporting patient-led discussions.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
RCGPNI is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all members who meet the following criteria:
- Member of RCGP, based in Northern Ireland
- An interest in, and understanding of, the work and aims of RCGP and in making a positive contribution to the work of the College
- An interest in promoting partnership between patients and general practitioners, and in the role of patient perspectives in the development of general practice
- Excellent interpersonal skills including active listening, patience, and empathy
- Communication skills, including the ability to explain often complex issues around the work of GPs in a clear and understandable way
- Ability to act as a team member including engaging constructively with others’ perspectives and collaborating with fellow group members
- Willing and able to commit time to attend quarterly Patient Network meetings
The Patient Network will be operated remotely so ability to communicate effectively via digital means is essential.
Terms and conditions
- This is a voluntary post. Pre-agreed expenditure will be reimbursed in line with RCGP Expenses Policy
- All members should disclose any conflicts of interest in relation to items of business being discussed or considered.
- All members are expected to adhere to the College Code of Conduct, Behavioural Framework and RCGP policy on Data Protection and GDPR.
All members of the College, including lay members of the RCGPNI Patient Network are expected to uphold the aims, objectives and values of the College, act in its best interests and enhance its reputation as a respected professional and academic body for GPs.
How to apply
There are currently two available vacancies for the role of GP Member of the RCGPNI Patient Network.
Please submit a statement of interest of interest of no more than 300 words to email@example.com no later than Monday 18 December 2023.
Similar searches: Northern Ireland