Salaried GP (Partnership also available)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-thought of practice in a wonderful part of the world, working with a comfortable if not affluent population which is increasingly trending towards young families. Whilst numbers of elderly are still relatively high, given the area these patients are mostly still fit and active, taking advantage of the fantastic outdoor pursuits that are on the practice's doorstep.
Workload is very reasonable at 25 patients per day and there is extensive protected time to complete admin, referrals, CPD and other hidden work.
On-call is shared out amongst the GPs meaning there's no need for an all-day Duty Doctor and your day will be paper-light thanks to robust processes in the admin and secretarial teams.
The practice's culture is not one of titles but one whereby everyone is known by their name, with the Partners striving to promote inclusivity and have a very minimal hierarchy.
Applications from newly qualifying GPs as well as more experienced candidates are very welcome.
Salary - up to £12,000 per session plus indemnity
Location - Cheddar area
The surgery -
- Popular team with good reputation
- Very pleasant (large) village setting
- Mixed-affluent demographic trending towards younger
- Geared towards reducing GP workload
- Highly trained admin team reducing paperflow
- Patient contacts kept to very reasonable level
- Well-recruited PCN team including Paramedics, Health Coaches and Pharmacists taking away non-GP level work
- Attractive purpose-built premises
- Very strong communicators internally
Your role -
- Salaried GP (open to considering Partnership too)
- 13 patients in the morning
- 12 patients in the afternoon
- No all-day Duty (one GP per day is nominated to stay until 6.30pm but otherwise acute patients are shared between the team as part of your clinic)
- Perhaps one visit per week if not less
- Increasingly flexible session times and start/finish times
- Using EMIS Web
The benefits -
- View to Partnership available
- Contract in line with BMA model
- Indemnity fees paid
- 7 weeks annual leave (if CPD completed in own time)
- NHS pension
For further details on this exceptional role, please click the Apply Now button. If you can specify the best time to talk, please do; we will get in touch when it suits you best. You will then be contacted by one of our specialist consultants, who will provide you with further details about the role.
If you would like to talk ahead of sending us your CV, please give us a call on 0113 350 1308. Please note, any contact is in the strictest confidence and we will not send your details to any practice without your expressed consent to do so.
Is this role almost right for you, but not quite ticking all the boxes? If so, we have hundreds of other roles available and can also work proactively to find you your perfect post.
For the past two years running, we have been voted as Recruitment Company of the Year at the General Practice Awards, and we were Highly Commended in the Best Public Sector Agency at the Recruiter Awards, so in dealing with us you'll be in safe hands!
For every placement we make, Menlo Park plants two trees! We plant one on your behalf and the other on the surgery's behalf. By planting two trees we offset 0.6 tonnes of CO2, the equivalent of driving 1,466 miles in a standard car. We want to contribute towards helping save the planet!