A near once-in-a-career opportunity to live and work as a GP on the Isles of Scilly. A hugely popular tourist destination, the five inhabited islands represent a unique opportunity for a Salaried GP to provide holistic care to the residents of the famed archipelago.
You'll work alongside a full-time GP Partner and another full-time Salaried GP as well as a Mental Health Practitioner, Pharmacists and a Nursing team with full support of the contract-holding practice back on the South Cornish mainland.
Along with your colleagues, you will care for the circa 2,500 residents with a typical week seeing you work seven of your eight sessions based on the main island at the bespoke, architect-designed and purpose-built health centre on the clifftop overlooking the ocean. Your eighth session will rotate around the smaller islands, providing a GP service for the residents of those smaller communities during which you'll be transferred from island to island via the practice's own boatman!
Salary - c£12,250 per session plus indemnity and BMA model contract
Location - Isles of Scilly
The surgery -
- GP Training Practice (both the island practice and the mainland practice)
- CQC Outstanding
- Highly collaborative team
- Mixed/elderly demographic with virtually no unemployment amongst the working aged
- Supportive, well-recruited MDT supporting the GPs including dispensing team
- Very high staff retention
- Mainland practice has a very good reputation
- SystmOne practice
Your role -
- Salaried GP
- 8 sessions per week with on-call commitment for out of hours (more details on enquiry)
- Routine clinics with a maximum of 12 patients per session
- 15-minute appointments
- Low visiting - the islanders are a stoic bunch and will mostly come into the practice!
The benefits -
- The opportunity to really make a clinical impact as a GP
- Blue skies and lots of sunshine!
- BMA model contract
- Indemnity fees paid
- 6 weeks annual leave
- 1 week study leave
- NHS pension
For further details on this exceptional role, please click the Apply Now button. If you can specify the best time to talk, please do; we will get in touch when it suits you best. You will then be contacted by one of our specialist consultants, who will provide you with further details about the role.
If you would like to talk ahead of sending us your CV, please give us a call on 0113 350 1308. Please note, any contact is in the strictest confidence and we will not send your details to any practice without your expressed consent to do so.
Is this role almost right for you, but not quite ticking all the boxes? If so, we have hundreds of other roles available and can also work proactively to find you your perfect post.
For the past two years running, we have been voted as Recruitment Company of the Year at the General Practice Awards, and we were Highly Commended in the Best Public Sector Agency at the Recruiter Awards, so in dealing with us you'll be in safe hands!
For every placement we make, Menlo Park plants two trees! We plant one on your behalf and the other on the surgery's behalf. By planting two trees we offset 0.6 tonnes of CO2, the equivalent of driving 1,466 miles in a standard car. We want to contribute towards helping save the planet!