This is outstanding opportunity to join one of the most highly-rated practices in the region. A passionate, tight-knit team of GPs has led to outstanding patient scores and the practice is fortunate to work out of impressive, purpose-built premises which offer excellent space, size and collaboration.
Workload is kept to a sustainable level, with 15-minute appointments as standard. Catch-ups are included to ensure you don't fall behind and the team meet for lunch everyday to chat about how their day is going, offering valuable time outside of your room and with your colleagues.
Duty is limited to half days only and the GPs only go on visits if they're palliative or a female patient wants a female clinician (their home visiting Paramedic is male).
The population is a very pleasant one with no notable deprivation and primarily consisting of young working families.
Salary - £11,000 per session.
Location - Portishead - very easily accessible
The surgery -
- GP Training Practice also hosting lots of medical students
- Geared towards reducing GP workload
- Clinical support team of Emergency Care Practitioners, Clinical Pharmacists, Pharmacy Tech, Mental Health Practitioner, First Contact Physio
- Administrative support team of highly-trained Coders - very efficient workflow processes
- Fantastic sign-posting ensuring GPs only seeing relevant patients
- Pilots new schemes ahead of full implementation across the region
- Heavily encourage specialist interests - women's health, menopause, coil and implant fitting, minor surgery, joint injections, MSK and dermatology all examples of very welcomed interests
- CQC Good
- EMIS Web
Your role -
- Salaried GP
- 3 or more sessions per week
- Sustainable workload
- 14 patients per session (normal is 8 F2F, 6 calls)
- 15-minute appointments
- Option of a slightly lighter template (12 + 12) for a lower sessional rate
- Daily meeting across lunchtime
- Half-day Duty only with same-day slots in Routine GPs' templates for you to book into
- Very low visiting
- No evenings or weekends
The benefits -
- Good prospects for Partnership in the medium-term
- Own contract but sick pay and mat pay in line with BMA
- 6 weeks' annual leave
- 1 week study leave
- NHS pension
For further details on this exceptional role, please click the Apply Now button. If you can specify the best time to talk, please do; we will get in touch when it suits you best. You will then be contacted by one of our specialist consultants, who will provide you with further details about the role.
If you would like to talk ahead of sending us your CV, please give us a call on 0113 350 1308. Please note, any contact is in the strictest confidence and we will not send your details to any practice without your expressed consent to do so.
Is this role almost right for you, but not quite ticking all the boxes? If so, we have hundreds of other roles available and can also work proactively to find you your perfect post.
For the past two years running, we have been voted as Recruitment Company of the Year at the General Practice Awards, and we were Highly Commended in the Best Public Sector Agency at the Recruiter Awards, so in dealing with us you'll be in safe hands!
For every placement we make, Menlo Park plants two trees! We plant one on your behalf and the other on the surgery's behalf. By planting two trees we offset 0.6 tonnes of CO2, the equivalent of driving 1,466 miles in a standard car. We want to contribute towards helping save the planet!