Introduction to the post
We are now recruiting an additional GP Teaching Fellow to our friendly and supportive practice. These innovative and dynamic posts blend medical education and General Practice. An average week will consist of 1.5 sessions of dedicated teaching time alongside clinical sessions. Teaching time will involve the structured provision of training, supervision and teaching for KCL Medical Students and FY2 Doctors. There will be opportunities for academic scholarship and research if desired. We offer a nurturing environment for both experienced GPs or those finishing training, therefore this post would be suitable for an established educator or ideal for those completing training with a passion for education. This opportunity is also available as a SPIN Fellowship for those who qualified within the last 48 months.
About the practice
We serve approximately 15,000 socially and culturally diverse patients and work from a large modern Primary Care Health Centre. We are a multidisciplinary team consisting of doctors, physician associates, GP trainees, pharmacists, nurses, paramedics and our clinical support team including GP Assistants. We are active in supporting our doctors’ personal interests and their professional development so that their careers can evolve.
We are an innovative and educationally focused practice with several of our team having regional or national roles in medical education. Our doctors have diverse interests in various specialities including head and neck surgery, minor surgery, dermatology and are also active in leadership roles across the healthcare landscape. The practice has won several national awards for innovation and impact on patient outcomes including a HSJ award for vaccine centre of the year.
We have a comprehensive package of staff benefits which include:
• Incremental Salary Scale recognising experience and length of service ranging from £10,500 to £11,500 per session
• Indemnity insurance provided by the practice
• BMA Model contract with six weeks of annual leave
• One week of study leave per year (pro-rata) with a £200 study budget
• Promotion of a healthy work-life balance with healthy working hours
• Opportunities to take part in teaching through our in-house educational program and access to educational grants for your own development. Mentorship from senior educationalists
• Regular formal and informal clinical meetings
• Admin and home visit light practice
• Great support in your role from our able administrative team
The appointment process
We are keen to ensure you have information about the practice and a chance to get to know us. We treat the interview as a mutual process and encourage you to interview us to ensure you are excited to come and work with the practice team.
For more information or to arrange an informal visit, please contact our Practice Manager, Mrs Sarah McLaughlin by email email@example.com.
You can also visit our website www.mhgp.co.uk and you may be interested in watching the vaccine walk through video, which will give you a virtual tour of our practice.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 4 February 2024, we conduct rolling interviews and the Practice reserves the right to appoint before this, so early application is strongly encouraged.