GPwER in Frailty and Prevention across the Midlands
Do you want to be a GPwER supporting patients with moderate frailty? If you’re interested in prevention and healthy ageing this could be the role for you!
We have an exciting opportunity for a GPwER to come and join the Staying Well Service, a community based multi-disciplinary team covering East, South East and South West.
Please see full Job Description and Person Specification and how to apply by following this link Job Advert (jobs.nhs.uk)
- Permanent contract will consider alternative T&C’s
- 22.5 hrs/week (working pattern can be discussed)
- Working across East, South East and South West Staffordshire
- Flexible working arrangements will be considered
- Provide evidence based, comprehensive direct patient care to patients and their carer’s, taking a person centred, holistic approach.
- To be responsible as the GPwER, for leading the delivery of proactive preventative medical interventions for moderately frail patients accessing the Staying Well Pathway.
- Contribute to the completion of a joint Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment and action plan for the individual in collaboration with the MDT and the patient.
- Assess, treat and review patients in a variety of community settings including patients own homes, community venues and clinical style consultations
- Lead on clinical practice and development of systems of practice to support accurate and timely interventions
- Encourage positive and proactive health and wellbeing to promote health ageing
- Provide supervision, support and advice to other professional across the healthy economy and members of the MDT
- Current registration with the GMC, MRCP, MRCGP, FRCP or other recognised postgraduate qualification
- Up to date knowledge of all the latest guidelines and evidence in older peoples medicine
- Up to date clinical knowledge and experience of specialist area of frailty, prevention and healthy ageing
What does MPFT offer you?
- Salary based on previous experience
- You will benefit from learning and development opportunities and the established partnerships that we have with Keele University and UHNM to support career development
- We offer flexible and agile working opportunities; generous leave allowances & financial support in relocating & transitioning to our Trust
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to support our staff
Join us at MPFT, where excellence in care, professional development, and innovation converge.
For further information about the role and the service contact Rebecca Beal Service Development and Transformation Lead on 01827 306204 Staying Well Service :: Midlands Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (mpft.nhs.uk)