General Practitioner - Carpenters Practice
Salaried GP required in Carpenters Practice for 4-8 sessions per week - attractive remuneration package!
Carpenters Practice are looking for looking for experienced or newly qualified GPs (including those awaiting CCT) to join us.
Carpenters is a different type of practice. We are a genuinely friendly and supportive environment. Our GPs have a good work life balance with flexible working patterns - we have no duty doctor sessions.
Our east London three-site practice is based in a multicultural, vibrant area with a truly mixed demographic of patients, comprised of students, families, economic migrants, refugees and elderly east Londoners; this interesting mix of people leads to diverse presentations formed into a manageable workload.
The local area around our main Stratford site has a vibrant buzz, and lies moments from Westfield shopping centre; there are plenty of restaurants and shops for life outside of work and abundant transport links very close by leading to an easy commute; Stratford international, Stratford bus station, the tube including a new Elizabeth line station and the DLR are a few minutes’ walk from the practice and limited parking is also available under the practice in a designated car park. Our other sites lie very close to the transport links in up-and-coming Canning Town (Jubilee line) and Manor Park (Elizabeth line), both of which have their own friendly local community.
We have a multidisciplinary, welcoming team under dynamic leadership, with a focus on QI and bettering the patient experience. Our team comprises GPs, physicians’ assistants, prescribing pharmacists, physiotherapists, social prescribers, nurses and HCAs, who sit together in a social and friendly clinical hub. We work alongside a highly trained management and administrative cohort who aim to keep the practice running as smoothly as possible and reduce all non-essential clinical workload to a safe and manageable level.
There are always colleagues and senior clinicians on hand to answer clinical dilemmas, and the supportive environment leads to there being a welcoming approach to any questions. Weekly clinical meetings are held to encourage discussions of difficult or interesting clinical situations along with SEAs and other items of educational benefit for the team. Sessions are generously timed with mostly telephone-based initial patient contact and the flexible capacity to bring patients in when needed within the same day.
Our GPs, patients and practice teams benefit from innovative tech and workflow management processes. This approach improves patient access and hugely streamlines administrative tasks, freeing up GPs to focus on clinical work with the support of highly-trained multi-disciplinary teams.
With mentorship, support, in-house learning and development, and multiple leadership opportunities, our GPs are encouraged to reach their true potential. We can support with a Tier 2 visa if required, subject to approval by the GMC and GP Performers List
We are committed to the next generation of GPs who will receive unrivalled support to grow and develop successful careers within the organisation.
You could be working with...
- A strong network that is in place to support GP development, providing opportunities for leadership roles in teaching, digital, research, innovation and more
- A wider MDT including pharmacists and physician associates with further support from a central digital clinical hub team
- A unique document management system EZ Doc, world class GP data management solution, EZ Analytics, and our leading patient online consultation app ‘Dr. iQ’.
Our fantastic package includes:
- £11,000 per session for newly qualified GPs
- Annual salary up to £118,000 per annum depending on experience
- Full indemnity cover
- NHS Pension
- 6 weeks annual leave & one-week study leave pro rata
- Low admin workload and home visiting rates
- Clear progression pathways with multiple leadership opportunities
- Support for SPIN fellowship applications
- Opportunity to undertake specialist areas such of LES or minor surgery
- Support with a Tier 2 visa if required, subject to approval by the GMC and GP Performers List
- Friendly, vibrant practice environment with twice weekly clinical meetings and an active social calendar
- Portfolio diversification opportunities including developing clinical and training specialist interests
- Full financial and practical support to become F2 supervisor/ GP Trainer with associated income benefits
- Exceptional benefits package including private medical insurance
- Regular consultant-led GP education sessions.