Salaried GP in Gillingham, Dorset nr Wiltshire, Somerset
To provide a great work/life balance and high quality medical care.
The Job- Salaried GP or Maternity Cover, Part time or full time working sessions
6 week’s annual leave and 1 week’s study leave (pro rata).
- Supportive duty team – never on your own!
- Mix of telephone and face-to-face appointments. No Triage!
- Admin and catch-up slots – individual set up.
- Dedicated visiting nurse practitioner.
- Low number of slots per session and reduced admin burden.
What we are looking for:
- Part-time or full-time working sessions – open to flexible working patterns.
- Friendly and approachable team player.
What we offer:
-£10,234 per session, per annum· Mentor/buddy scheme with a trainer for first year of employment.
- Daily coffee meeting and regular education updates.
- GP Indemnity Scheme
- All GPs are offered laptops (if wanted).
- Very supportive of career development, special interests and external roles
- Social events
Purpose built, 2 x modern buildings with good staff facilities and outside space.
- Circa 13,000 patients.
- Dynamic, friendly Practice.
- Strong emphasis on teamwork and collaboration.
- Stable Management Team
- Actively engaged with our partners at The Vale PCN, CD led in the Practice.
- In house minor op, physio, mental health, social prescribers, in house pharmacy tech and pharmacist.
- CQC rated “good”.
- High QOF achievement.
- Research and Training Practice.
- Dedicated care home ANP.
- Work flow admin team actioning all hospital letters.
- Digital Care co-ordinators arranging reviews
- Local Frailty hub of physios / OTs and Advanced Nurse Practitioners to aid Frail patients.
- Local Community Hospital with admission avoidance beds available for GPs to admit to.
- Free onsite parking.
The Local Area:
Situated on the edge of Dorset / Wiltshire / Somerset, bordering South Wilts Area of
Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Nearest city is Salisbury, voted “the best place to live in the UK” by the Times in 2019!
- Close to South Dorset beaches, Stourhead National Trust house and Gardens, Longleat House and Wildlife Park, Bath (for shopping), Bruton (with its restaurants and gallery), Frome (with its markets), A303 for quick access to West Country
- Excellent local schools – Private Secondary: Sherborne Boys and Girls, Bryanston and Clayesmore, Private Primary: Port Regis, Hazlegrove and Sandroyd. State: Gillingham School (Tatler Best Secondary Schools guide 2015)
- Direct access via train to London.
Please click apply or send your application by covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org