Term of office:
The term of office for this post is three years with the option for re-election for one further three-year term.
A member or fellow of the faculty in good standing, by self-nomination or nomination by Board member(s).
By appointment (if one candidate) or election by local ballot of a quorate Faculty Board (if more than one candidate). Annual confirmation of appointment at Faculty’s AGM.
As a core member of the Faculty executive, to uphold the aims, objectives and values of the Faculty and RCGP acting, with Faculty executive colleagues, in its best interests to enhance its reputation as a respected professional and academic body for GPs locally.
Responsibilities of all Faculty Officers and Faculty Board members:
- To uphold the aims, objectives and values of RCGP, acting in its best interests and enhancing its reputation as a respected professional and academic body for GPs.
- To represent the interests of members and fellows within the Faculty attending all meetings of the Faculty Board. Non-attendance of >2 Faculty board meetings in any one year, should trigger a faculty review on the capacity of the person to fulfil its role as Faculty Board member.
- To contribute proactively to the Faculty’s annual strategic planning and proposed activity delivery through the Faculty Honorary Treasurer and Faculty Executive Team, supported and guided by the Faculty Administrator and REM.
- To abide by relevant codes of conduct, the declaration of interests’, policy and other RCGP protocols. According to the RCGP`s declaration of interests policy, all faculty members are encouraged to declare their interests publicly on the Who pays this doctor website.
Main responsibilities of Faculty Vice Chair
- To undertake specific projects as directed by the Faculty Chair, including deputising for the Chair at designated meetings if and when required and assuming the role of Faculty Chair in the event of any sustained absence of the Chair.
How to apply
Please contact Alice Sefton for more information and on how to apply for the position.
Similar searches: England