GP required, flexible 4-8 sessions per week in Dunster and Porlock
Interested in quality of life? Come to Exmoor, a unique landscape of moorland and woodland where wild red deer roam, dark skies are full of stars and high cliffs plunge into the sea. Enjoy cosy pubs and tearooms in characterful, historic villages.
Good transport links to the rest of the country via Taunton and within reach of Exeter and Bristol airports.
Dunster and Porlock Surgeries are two highly rated and fun to work in practices, serving vibrant communities. Dunster Surgery is an award winning, rural, family medical practice with spacious, bespoke premises overlooking the village cricket pitch. Porlock Medical Centre was purpose built only 13 years ago and has views onto the moors and across the sea to Wales.
Both practices CQC rated as ‘Outstanding’. Both rated by Severn Deanery as ‘Excellent’ training locations. Dunster was voted Somerset CCG Practice of the Year 2015.
We are a friendly team who support each other; we pride ourselves on our approachable team spirit and our high standard of patient care. We enjoy regular clinical meetings. We actively encourage personal and professional development.
This is real medicine in a rural setting. We are in the enviable position to be able to offer the right person
- GMS dispensing practice in Dunster, partner practice in Porlock.
- 4 Doctor rural training practice.
- Registered patients number 6060; list steadily growing.
- Excellent nursing, reception and administrative teams; 4 Practice Nurses, 2 HCAs, dispensing and administrative staff.
- Training location for GP Specialist Trainees and medical students.
- Close working with neighbouring practices with active engagement in CCG processes.
- Regular multi-professional meetings and a daily tea break with the other doctors.
- Competitive salary package including indemnity and GMC fees.
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Flexible working week with opportunity to explore and develop special interests.
- Low visit rate and No OOH commitment
- Happy supportive environment.
- Wonderful quality of life being immersed in beautiful scenery with a castle, beaches, woods, Exmoor and even a steam train service.
Dunster and Porlock Surgeries will provide you with an exciting opportunity to practice and further develop your high quality clinical skills as a member of a friendly, forward thinking team.
This post is initially required for maternity cover with a view to a salaried post in the future, possibly a partnership if preferred. For an informal chat or if you’d like to come and visit to see what we have to offer over tea and cake, please contact the practice manager: email@example.com
Similar searches: Somerset