Term of office:
The term of office for this post is one year.
A member or Fellow of the faculty in good standing, by self-nomination or nomination by Faculty Board member(s).
By appointment (if one candidate) or election by local ballot of a quorate Faculty Board (if more than one candidate). Annual confirmation of appointment at Faculty`s AGM.
As a member of the Faculty board, to uphold the aims, objectives and values of the Faculty and RCGP acting in its best interests to enhance its reputation as a respected professional and academic body for GPs locally.
Responsibilities of all Faculty Officers and Faculty Board members:
- To uphold the aims, objectives and values of RCGP, acting in its best interests and enhancing its reputation as a respected professional and academic body for GPs.
- To represent the interests of members and fellows within the Faculty attending all meetings of the Faculty Board. Non-attendance of >2 Faculty board meetings in any one year, should trigger a faculty review on the capacity of the person to fulfil its role as Faculty Board member.
- To contribute proactively to the Faculty’s annual strategic planning and proposed activity delivery through the Faculty Honorary Treasurer and Faculty Executive Team, supported and guided by the Faculty support team.
- To abide by relevant codes of conduct, the declaration of interests policy and other RCGP protocols, including health and safety, safeguarding, equality and diversity, information security and GDPR. According to the RCGP`s declaration of interests policy, all faculty members are encouraged to declare their interests publicly at Who pays this doctor.
Skills required for the Faculty Board member:
RCGP is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all members with the following attributes:
- Demonstrate understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion and be willing to embed it proactively.
- To contribute proactively to the Faculty’s annual strategic planning and proposed activity delivery
- Be able to maintain objectivity in advising the RCGP faculty, RCGP members and peers
- Willing to collaborate and engage others within the RCGP Faculty and nationally across the Faculty and RCGP network
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to contribute to positive changes within the RCGP Faculty
- Reliable and willing to commit time to attend local and national meetings
To register your interest, please fill out the expression of interest form, and a member of the RCGP faculties team will get back to you.
Similar searches: England