The Faculty Executive Team with reference to The Hon Secretary of Council as and when required.
Term of office:
The term of office for this post is three years.
Member or Fellow of the local RCGP Faculty, in good standing.
By appointment (if one candidate) or election by local ballot of a quorate Faculty Board (if more than one candidate). Annual confirmation of appointment at Faculty`s AGM.
To ensure the Faculty complies with all the financial requirements incumbent by the Charity Commission and to safeguard the pecuniary interests of the RCGP as a membership organisation whilst protecting its reputation as a respected professional and academic body for GPs nationally and locally.
Responsibilities of all Faculty Officers and Faculty Board members:
- To uphold the aims, objectives and values of RCGP, acting in its best interests and enhancing its reputation as a respected professional and academic body for GPs.
- To represent the interests of members and fellows within the Faculty attending all meetings of the Faculty Board. Non-attendance of >2 Faculty board meetings in any one year, should trigger a faculty review on the capacity of the person to fulfil its role as Faculty Board member.
- To contribute proactively to the Faculty’s annual strategic planning and proposed activity delivery through the Faculty Honorary Treasurer and Faculty Executive Team, supported and guided by the Faculty support team.
- To abide by relevant codes of conduct, the declaration of interests policy and other RCGP protocols, including health and safety, safeguarding, equality and diversity, information security and GDPR. According to the RCGP`s declaration of interests policy, all faculty members are encouraged to declare their interests publicly at Who pays this doctor.
Main Responsibilities of the Faculty Honorary Secretary:
- In conjunction with the Faculty Chair, to ensure effective governance arrangements for meetings of the Board and executive (if applicable)
- To advise and offer support where needed to the Faculty Chair, supporting other Officers and members as deemed appropriate or necessary.
- To deputise for the Faculty Chair in the absence of the Vice Chair.
- To ensure the effective representation of the member view in the local activity and financial decision-making process throughout Faculty planning and budgeting.
- In conjunction with the Chair and Provost, to have oversight and ensure the effective governance, probity and transparency of all local Faculty elections and appointments, ensuring a fair, inclusive and transparent process.
- With reference to the Faculty support team Faculty Chair be responsible for guidance and any review of on RCGP governance and Faculty byelaws.
- To ensure Faculty adherence to RCGP frameworks, guidance and requirements (e.g RCGP sponsorship policy) and open, fair and transparent Faculty operation.
- To lead on local Faculty member issues, complaints, whistleblowing and code of conduct issues referring onward to and briefing the Council Honorary Secretary appropriately when required.
- In liaison with relevant RCGP departments, to support leadership and oversight to enable coordinated Faculty responses to external consultation requests.
- To be an approved signatory for the Faculty and responsible for Faculty correspondence.
- In consultation with the Faculty Chair and appropriate colleagues, including staff support, to contribute actively to Faculty meeting agenda-setting and to deliver an annual report on Faculty activity at each AGM.
Skills required for the Faculty Honorary Secretary role:
RCGP is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all members with the following attributes:
- Demonstrate understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion and be willing to embed it proactively.
- To contribute proactively to the Faculty’s annual strategic planning and proposed activity delivery
- Be able to maintain objectivity in advising the RCGP faculty, RCGP members and peers
- Willing to collaborate and engage others within the RCGP Faculty and nationally across the Faculty and RCGP network
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to contribute to positive changes within the RCGP Faculty
- Reliable and willing to commit time to attend local and national meetings
To register your interest, please fill out the expression of interest form, and a member of the RCGP faculties team will get back to you.
Similar searches: England
More search results
Salaried GP – Hereford – Up to 12 sessions p/w – …
Salaried GP Southfields, London SW19
Tudor Lodge Health Centre
Salaried GP vacancy in Willesden Green– N.W. LOND…
Walm Lane Surgery
Salaried GP - Oxford - Up to £11,500 per session
GP’s for BC: Practice in the Hawaii of Canada and…