The Faculty Executive Team with reference to the RCGP Honorary Treasurer as and if required.
Term of office:
The term of office for this post is three years.
Member or Fellow of the local RCGP Faculty, in good standing.
By appointment (if one candidate) or election by local ballot of a quorate Faculty Board (if more than one candidate). Annual confirmation of appointment at Faculty`s AGM.
To ensure the Faculty complies with all the financial requirements incumbent by the Charity Commission and to safeguard the pecuniary interests of the RCGP as a membership organisation whilst protecting its reputation as a respected professional and academic body for GPs nationally and locally.
Responsibilities of all Faculty Officers and Faculty Board members:
- To uphold the aims, objectives and values of RCGP, acting in its best interests and enhancing its reputation as a respected professional and academic body for GPs.
- To represent the interests of members and fellows within the Faculty attending all meetings of the Faculty Board. Non-attendance of >2 Faculty board meetings in any one year, should trigger a faculty review on the capacity of the person to fulfil its role as Faculty Board member.
- To contribute proactively to the Faculty’s annual strategic planning and proposed activity delivery through the Faculty Honorary Treasurer and Faculty Executive Team, supported and guided by the Faculty support team.
- To abide by relevant codes of conduct, the declaration of interests policy and other RCGP protocols, including health and safety, safeguarding, equality and diversity, information security and GDPR. According to the RCGP`s declaration of interests policy, all faculty members are encouraged to declare their interests publicly at Who pays this doctor.
Main Responsibilities of the Faculty Honorary Treasurer:
- To attend any relevant Treasurers’ training.
- To ensure the Faculty Board can monitor income and expenditure through the presentation of appropriate financial information and reports at each Faculty Board and executive meeting; and respond to any requests for Faculty audit, should they arise.
- On behalf of Faculty Board and leading by example, to test and question the allocation and use of monies by any officer or member of staff and advise on best practice in matters of probity, accountability, transparency and financial governance.
- To ensure the effective representation of the member view in the local activity and financial decision-making process throughout Faculty planning and budgeting.
- Working closely with support staff, to oversee the preparation of an annual, balanced and appropriately prioritised budget and be responsible for the presentation of current finances at Faculty Board meetings.
- To ensure clear lines of accountability throughout the financial year, with clear alignment to annual Faculty activity and budget planning and transparency with regard to planned Faculty spend, with regular reference to regional management.
- To refer proposed, unbudgeted spends to the Faculty Board for open discussion and minuted decision.
- To be responsible for the presentation of the annual accounts at the Faculty’s AGM.
- To maintain oversight of risk and compliance around Faculty activity, e.g third-party contracts, sponsorship.
Skills required for the Faculty Provost role:
RCGP is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all members with the following attributes:
- Demonstrate understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion and be willing to embed it proactively.
- To contribute proactively to the Faculty’s annual strategic planning and proposed activity delivery
- Be able to maintain objectivity in advising the RCGP faculty, RCGP members and peers
- Willing to collaborate and engage others within the RCGP Faculty and nationally across the Faculty and RCGP network
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to contribute to positive changes within the RCGP Faculty
- Reliable and willing to commit time to attend local and national meetings
To register your interest, please fill out the expression of interest form, and a member of the RCGP faculties team will get back to you.
Similar searches: England