The Faculty Executive Team with reference to the RCGP President as and if required.
Term of office:
Fellow of the local RCGP faculty in good standing
By appointment (if one candidate) or election by local ballot of a quorate Faculty Board (if more than one candidate). Annual confirmation of appointment at Faculty`s AGM.
To be the ceremonial head of the Faculty, leading on local Fellowship matters, RCGP advocacy; acting as the nominal custodian of local Faculty regalia, records and archives.
Responsibilities of all Faculty Officers and Faculty Board members:
- To uphold the aims, objectives and values of RCGP, acting in its best interests and enhancing its reputation as a respected professional and academic body for GPs.
- To represent the interests of members and fellows within the Faculty attending all meetings of the Faculty Board. Non-attendance of >2 Faculty board meetings in any one year, should trigger a faculty review on the capacity of the person to fulfil its role as Faculty Board member.
- To contribute proactively to the Faculty’s annual strategic planning and proposed activity delivery through the Faculty Honorary Treasurer and Faculty Executive Team, supported and guided by the Faculty support team.
- To abide by relevant codes of conduct, the declaration of interests policy and other RCGP protocols, including health and safety, safeguarding, equality and diversity, information security and GDPR. According to the RCGP`s declaration of interests policy, all faculty members are encouraged to declare their interests publicly at Who pays this doctor.
Main Responsibilities of the Faculty Provost:
- To champion and promote RCGP fellowship and work towards ensuring inclusivity and diversity in fellowship applications within the Faculty.
- To represent the Faculty on local formal occasions.
- To represent the interests of members and fellows within the Faculty, chairing the Fellowship Committee and Faculty AGM.
- To be Custodian of the Regalia: Provost Chain, held by Provost during his/her term of office – insured by RCGP
- Together with other Faculty Officers, to participate in conferring Membership, Fellowship and other awards at local ceremonies.
- To provide considered support and counsel to the Faculty Chair and other Officers as appropriate.
- To work with other Provosts regionally and with the College President for mutual support, Faculty member and fellow advancement and development.
- To be lead Faculty Officer for Faculty alumni and their activities.
Skills required for the Faculty Provost role:
RCGP is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all members with the following attributes:
- Demonstrate understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion and be willing to embed it proactively.
- To contribute proactively to the Faculty’s annual strategic planning and proposed activity delivery
- Be able to maintain objectivity in advising the RCGP faculty, RCGP members and peers
- Willing to collaborate and engage others within the RCGP Faculty and nationally across the Faculty and RCGP network
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to contribute to positive changes within the RCGP Faculty
- Reliable and willing to commit time to attend local and national meetings
To register your interest, please fill out the expression of interest form, and a member of the RCGP faculties team will get back to you.
Similar searches: England
More search results
Salaried GP – Hereford – Up to 12 sessions p/w – …
Salaried GP Southfields, London SW19
Tudor Lodge Health Centre
Salaried GP vacancy in Willesden Green– N.W. LOND…
Walm Lane Surgery
Salaried GP - Oxford - Up to £11,500 per session
GP’s for BC: Practice in the Hawaii of Canada and…