Term of office:
The term of office for this post is three years with the option for re-election for one further three-year term.
A member or fellow of the faculty in good standing, by self-nomination or nomination by Board member(s).
By appointment (if one candidate) or election by local ballot of a quorate Faculty Board (if more than one candidate). Annual confirmation of appointment at Faculty`s AGM.
As a core member of the Faculty executive, to uphold the aims, objectives and values of the Faculty and RCGP acting, with Faculty executive colleagues, in its best interests to enhance its reputation as a respected professional and academic body for GPs locally.
Responsibilities of all Faculty Officers and Faculty Board members:
- To undertake specific projects as directed by the Faculty Chair
- deputise for the Chair at designated meetings if and when required and assuming the role of Faculty Chair in the event of any sustained absence of the Chair.
Skills required for the Faculty Vice Chair role:
RCGP is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all members with the following attributes:
- Demonstrate understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion and be willing to embed it proactively.
- To contribute proactively to the Faculty’s annual strategic planning and proposed activity delivery
- Be able to maintain objectivity in advising the RCGP faculty, RCGP members and peers
- Willing to collaborate and engage others within the RCGP Faculty and nationally across the Faculty and RCGP network
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to contribute to positive changes within the RCGP Faculty
- Reliable and willing to commit time to attend local and national meetings
To register your interest, please fill out the expression of interest form, and a member of the RCGP faculties team will get back to you.
Similar searches: England