Consultant or Medical Officer, General Practitioner in Taranaki, New Zealand
Consultant or Medical Officer, General Practitioner
- We are seeking community minded doctors with an interest in coordinated rural health to be part of our vision in building an integrated rural health service in South Taranaki
This is an exciting new opportunity not to be missed! Choose your role and be part of something great. We are looking for General Practitioners with rural GP interest to work in this new, modern primary care service.
We are looking for flexible open minded, innovative and progressive doctors to join our existing small, competent and supportive team. We need practitioners who can use their varied and broad generalist knowledge and recognize their key area’s of strength and passion to continue to grow and develop community services toward integrated and coordinated acute, routine and complex care for the whanau of South Taranaki. Our practice is located within the Hawera Hospital site and aims to network across the South Taranaki area to work in and develop a truly integrated rural model of care.
- Be part of an experienced team of medical professionals
- Have links to community, primary, secondary and tertiary services;
- Be supported by a progressive interdisciplinary team and friendly organisation
- Have the opportunity to help lead the creation of a primary care service designed to meet the communities needs
- Serve a population in need and design systems with a focus on health equity
- Enjoy the benefits of the Taranaki lifestyle – surf or mountain
If you want to work with our modern innovative environment this could be what you are looking for!
It is an exciting opportunity to be part of the establishment of a model designed to work alongside a team and a community that is engaged and enthusiastic about improving services. The role will involve primarily working within a newly established primary care service with the opportunity to expand scope if desired to rural hospital generalist.
Click here to view the position description.
Hawera Hospital has a well-equipped radiology and laboratory service on site available for urgent requests. In addition, the emergency department has a Sonosite X-Porte ultrasound machine available for clinician-performed ultrasounds in primary care if required.
The Taranaki region offers excellent opportunities for leisure activities and a wide range of cultural and sporting activities. You’ll be able to head up the mountain to ski or tramp or to the beaches around the surf highway to ride some waves, a spot of fishing or just a quiet walk. Whatever your interests, this could be the perfect work and lifestyle opportunity you are looking for. For more information on our region, check out Home » Taranaki, New Zealand
To make an application click here: http://adhbrac.taleo.net/careersection/.tar_ext/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=TAR04113
Closing date for applications is 6th September 2022 however if we make an appointment prior to this date we will close the vacancy.