Non-patient-facing General Practitioner
IMH Group is a network of over 45 primary care sites across the UK, including GP Practices, Walk-In Centres, and Urgent Care Centres. Passionate about helping the NHS meet the needs of patients today and in the future, we provide wide-ranging support via our Head Office and field-based teams to enable our practices to run smoothly. This role is based in our Head Office in Eccles, Manchester, where we have free parking available.
As a result of further business growth, we have a unique opportunity for an experienced General Practitioner to take on a non-patient-facing role. You will support practices remotely with their clinical administration workload, ensuring that it is seen by the most appropriate members of staff and dealt within a safe and timely manner.
This role will involve leading and supervising the clinical support team in:
- Managing clinical document workflow, triaging and re-directing following internal protocols
- Adding and reconciling all medication with reference to clinical correspondence and liaising with the site teams as required
- Completing a variety of patient reports which will include for DWP, Insurance and PIP payments.
- Making clinical decisions on medication queries when required.
- Ensuring patients on various medications are being monitored correctly (e.g. lithium, MTX, levothyroxine, Orlistat etc.).
- Updating medical records, reviewing problem coding and medication linkage
- Managing the repeat prescribing reauthorisation process by reviewing requests for repeat prescriptions and medicines reaching review dates and action
- Managing daily pathology results – including acting on those needing action according to clinical guidelines
Experience and Behaviours
You’ll hold an active NHS Performer number, suitable indemnity cover and will be a current or previous General Practitioner. You’ll have a good understanding of Microsoft Office packages and a knowledge of clinical systems such as EMIS and/or System 1.
Please click ‘Apply’ below to submit an application. Alternatively, for an informal discussion regarding this role, please contact Mark Priestley on 0203 745 5530 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Similar searches: Manchester