Faculty Vice Chair
The role of Faculty Vice Chair forms part of the core Faculty Executive team alongside the Faculty Chair, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer, Provost, Education Lead and Scottish/Welsh and/or UK Council representatives.
Term of office
The term of office for this post is three years with the option for re-election for one further three-year term.
A member or fellow of the faculty in good standing, by self-nomination or nomination by Board member(s).
By appointment (if one candidate) or election by local ballot of a quorate Faculty Board (if more than one candidate). Annual confirmation of appointment at Faculty`s AGM.
As a core member of the Faculty executive, to uphold the aims, objectives and values of the Faculty and RCGP acting, with Faculty executive colleagues, in its best interests to enhance its reputation as a respected professional and academic body for GPs locally.
Responsibilities of all Faculty Officers and Faculty Board members
- To uphold the aims, objectives and values of RCGP, acting in its best interests and enhancing its reputation as a respected professional and academic body for GPs.
- To represent the interests of members and fellows within the Faculty attending all meetings of the Faculty Board. Non-attendance of >2 Faculty board meetings in any one year, should trigger a faculty review on the capacity of the person to fulfil its role as Faculty Board member.
- To contribute proactively to the Faculty’s annual strategic planning and proposed activity delivery through the Faculty Honorary Treasurer and Faculty Executive Team, supported and guided by the RCGP Faculty support team.
- To abide by relevant codes of conduct, the declaration of interests policy and other RCGP protocols, including Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, Information Security and GDPR. According to the RCGP`s declaration of interests policy, all faculty members are encouraged to declare their interests publicly.
Main responsibilities of Faculty Vice Chair
- To undertake specific projects as directed by the Faculty Chair
- Deputise for the Chair at designated meetings if and when required and assuming the role of Faculty Chair in the event of any sustained absence of the Chair.
Skills required for the Faculty Vice Chair role
RCGP is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all members with the following attributes:
- Demonstrate understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion and be willing to embed it proactively.
- To contribute proactively to the Faculty’s annual strategic planning and proposed activity delivery
- Be able to maintain objectivity in advising the RCGP faculty, RCGP members and peers
- Willing to collaborate and engage others within the RCGP Faculty and nationally across the Faculty and RCGP network
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to contribute to positive changes within the RCGP Faculty
- Reliable and willing to commit time to attend local and national meetings
To apply, please email Alice.
Similar searches: South West