Great opportunity for a GP in HMP Peterborough
We are seeking a GP for a long term position at HMP Peterborough from February. Previous prison experience is desirable but not essential as training can be provided before the start of the post. This can be a full time (up to 5 days per week) or part time (can be flexible) position, depending on availability of the GP, however, the ability to work Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays would be advantageous.
HMP Peterborough is composed of both Female and Male prisons, (the only Prison in the UK to house both male and female, albeit in different buildings), with typical hours being 09:00 - 17:00 with a 1 hour lunch. The day is broken down into ward rounds, face to face appointments, admin and telephone consultations. There is a lot of support offered at HMP Peterborough by the on-site team as well as from ourselves. We are on hand to provide ongoing support, remote training, shadow sessions and sharing of knowledge.
- Be a registered GP with significant experience within the acute / secure setting.
- Have an understanding of prescribing within a secure environment / with substance misuse, although training can be offered.
- Have a flexible attitude and be a team player but also have the ability to work alone.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a full driving licence.
- Be motivated, enthusiastic and committed to delivering high quality service and continuous professional development.
- RCGP Part 1 in the management of Substance Misuse or a willingness to undertake this qualification, (if you have not yet completed RCGP Part 1, we will support you to undertake this module).
Please note successful candidates will be subject to undergoing NOMS Security Clearance, if you do not already possess this.
Hourly rates start at £95/hour with enhancements on Bank Holidays. We offer weekly pay every Friday and can pay you as a sole trader or via a Limited Company. Salary options are available if preferred.
Similar searches: Peterborough