Salaried GP with a view to partnership in Birmingham
Karis is an innovative inner city training and teaching practice which serves a socially and ethnically diverse population in central Birmingham.
We have a low-turnover multigenerational team who believe in relationship-based and holistic family medicine, striving to provide continuity and flexible access in an area of significant health inequalities and high patient turnover.
Our morale and wellbeing depend on excellent mutual support, a shared ethos and strong values base creating a positive outlook to counter the cynicism, uncertainties and current challenges in general practice.
- 6 partners and 6 salaried doctors
- 4 practice nurses, 3HCAs
- 16,500+ patients
- Modern purpose built premises with historical links
- Family ethos
- Good links with PCN,CCG and local federation
- GP Training practice with 3 current trainers
- Teaching practice affiliated to University of Birmingham- 4 year groups of medical students
- Experienced management and administrative team, care navigation
- Culture of innovation & development (Whole Person health care, medically unexplained symptoms, , clinical leadership, trauma-informed training, IT, primary mental health & wellbeing)
- Expanding supportive multidisciplinary team of paramedic, pharmacist, consultant physiotherapist
- Well established wellbeing team : Primary care Chaplains, in-house counsellors, attached substance misuse case manager, wellbeing HCA, social prescriber, community Neighbourhood scheme and Art project
- CCG IT clinical lead GP provides forward thinking problem solving approach
- In house weekly clinical teaching/complex case discussion programme
- Monthly whole team lunch, daily informal but essential lunch
- Participating practice in National Trailblazer Fellowship scheme
We are looking for
- a 6-8 session doctor
- £9.5k/session with annual leave, study leave, medical indemnity,
- Possible partnership depending upon mutual assessment
- Involvement in clinical leadership, teaching medical students.
- Start date from September 2021
For more information or a conversation please contact us
Paul Turner 07800959201
Jacqui Cartwright 07891081902
Karis Medical centre, Waterworks Road, Edgbaston,Birmingham B16 9AL