Multi-Site Clinical Lead GP across Sussex
Location: St Luke’s Surgery and The Avenue Surgery – Brighton & Hove, East Sussex
Post code: BN2 8BU / BN2 4GF
Contact: Jane Mules – Managing Director
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 01273 265800
Job Title: Multi-Site Clinical Lead GP
Working week: Minimum 6 Sessions
Salary: £12,000 – 12,500 per session per annum
Reports to: Managing Director
Multi-Site Clinical Lead GP
Sussex Primary Care (SPC) is a patient focused primary care provider. With 6 practices across Sussex at present and looking to expand in 2022.
We are looking to recruit a dynamic and ambitious Clinical Lead GP to be part of our Primary Care family within our well-established organisation. You will receive support and mentorship from our senior management team and have the opportunity to pursue specialist interests as part of our portfolio of services.
The role is based across two practices in the Brighton area - St Luke’s Surgery and The Avenue Surgery. You will be working with small, friendly and professional practice teams to lead and provide high quality services to 13,000-patients. We believe that general practice can be a fun and supportive environment for GPs. We ensure this through highly developed systems and processes, and support from healthcare professionals, such as our Pharmacists, and Paramedic Practitioners.
We are also launching our remote SPC Hub to support our practices and you will have to opportunity to get involved in this innovative project.
The Clinical Lead role is envisaged to have more clinical leadership responsibility than a traditional Salaried GP role but without the personal risk associated with partnership. The role is developmental and will be regularly reviewed. We will work with the Clinical Lead to develop a package of developmental support, mentoring and non-patient administration time.
You Will Benefit From:
- Permanent position – minimum 6 sessions per week @ £12,000 to £12,500 per session per annum
- Performance based bonus
- £10,000 Golden Handshake to stay for 2 years (25% paid every 6 months) to recognise that you will be helping to influence and develop the surgeries and the services offered to patients over the next few years
- Medical indemnity fees covered
- 6 weeks annual leave, 1 week study leave, study budget
- NHS Pension
If you would like to have an initial informal conversation about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 265800 to arrange an informal chat with our Managing Director, Jane Mules.
What We Need
Our Multi-Site Clinical Lead GP Role Profile:
Clinical Quality & Patient Safety
- Be responsible for taking an overview of the clinical functions of the practice in terms of service quality and safety.
- Ensure that the systems exist to embed best clinical practice into the practice (e.g. implementation of NICE guidance, record keeping etc).
- Take the lead for all clinical aspects of CQC compliance (Safe, Caring, Effective, Responsive, Well-Led).
- Take the overall lead for review of clinical aspects of Significant Event reviews, ensuring that learning points are captured and embedded into practice.
- Ensure that the patient perspective remains at the heart of the practice and its decision-making.
- Ensure that the systems exist to embed patient safety across the practice (e.g. record keeping, national and local safety alerts).
- Be a point of local contact for practice clinical staff who need support and guidance over quality and safety concerns. This may include a formal role in some staff members’ practice-based appraisals in some instances.
- Maintain an overview of the practice’s skill mix, from the point of view of access, quality and safety.
- Ensure that all key areas that require designated clinical leads have them and support those leads to achieve excellence and organisational coherence across the practice.
- Support career development of clinical staff both within and outside the practice, with a particular focus on integration of practice services with community services.
- Play a key role in the practice’s planning for the future, bringing the quality and safety concerns to the fore and ensuring these are balanced with organisational and financial concerns.
- Bring in examples of best practice from local/regional/national models of care that will drive up the quality of care and services.
- Sign off practice-based clinical policies and procedures.
More search results
Salaried GP required in Central Slough (SL1) at 1…
Herschel Medical Centre
Salaried GP vacancy in Leamington Spa
Sherbourne Medical Centre
Salaried GP vacancy in Alford, rural Lincolnshire
Merton Lodge Surgery
Salaried GP vacancy in Acton, London
Cloister Road Surgery
6 – 8 sessions salaried GP vacancy in Aylesbury