Outstanding Career Opportunities and Support for GPs in Sandwell and West Birmingham
Are you a newly qualified GP or an experienced GP looking for a role in an area that has been recognised nationally for its work to support and invest in GP career opportunities?
With its busy city centre, large variety of leisure and sporting experiences, vast nightlife, excellent transport links and some of the best education settings within the UK, Sandwell and West Birmingham has an endless list of why this area of the UK is one of the best to live and work within. It has a population of over 590,000 people who are each registered to one of Sandwell and West Birmingham’s 78 GP practices. It has a total of 12 Primary Care Networks across the area.
Working in primary care in Sandwell and West Birmingham and indeed across the whole Black Country and West Birmingham area can bring huge personal reward to committed GPs. With 31 Primary Care Networks, comprising of 210 GP Surgeries that cover a diverse population of over 1.4m patients means our healthcare needs are extremely varied and your skills and commitment will be hugely valued.
What we can offer you?
- GP Fellowship Programme for newly qualified GPs who are offered a substantive position within any Practice across Sandwell and West Birmingham or the Black Country and West Birmingham
- Access to our First 5 Support Programme for GPs in their early years post qualification
- Free access to our nationally recognised Mentoring Scheme
- Opportunity to develop funded Portfolio Careers in line with local population health needs – helping you to enhance your clinical skills and blur the lines between Primary and Secondary Care
- Funded programmes tailored to GPs in their mid-career who are looking to develop a variety of skills
- A wealth of passionate and experienced support from our Training Hub including access to 10 experienced GP Mentors, our dedicated STP GP Workforce Clinical Lead and First 5 Scheme Facilitators
"My 10 years as a GP in the Black Country and West Birmingham have been hugely rewarding. Our practices are supportive and the Training Hub offers many opportunities for you to develop personally and professionally." Says Dr Rajiv Kalia, GP and GP Workforce Clinical Lead for the STP
If you are interested in joining us here in Sandwell and West Birmingham and across the Black Country and West Birmingham or just learning more about what we can offer you, please get in touch with the Training Hub at email@example.com