GP Clinical Lead - Braintree
Come and join our friendly colleague supporting, patient centric and passionate clinical team at Church Lane Surgery in the heart of the historical Saxon town of Braintree, roughly 10 miles away from Chelmsford and 16 miles west of Colchester in the county of Essex. Church Lane is a vibrant and dynamic surgery servicing 11,110 patients from the local area, offering a variety different types of care to our patients as well as sub-specialist services. We are looking for a passionate, dedicated and innovative GP Clinical Lead to join our multidisciplinary primary care team.
As our GP Clinical Lead, you will need to be dynamic, proactive and be an approachable member of our primary care team, whose skills will ensure the safe and quality driven services that is being provided in an efficient and systematic manner over 10 sessions of 8 hours per week.
We have dedicated experienced, collaborative and supportive nurses, HCA’s, management, admin and reception teams working to deliver a warm and friendly service. You will be working within a team of GPs and nurses; where you will provide senior clinical leadership ensuring that clinical services comply with and work within CQC regulations and requirements.
As our Clinical Lead you will provide:
- Consultations and perform health screens with our patients within our private clinic, providing the highest level of patient care.
- Providing local leadership and supporting colleagues.
- Open complaints and incident management.
- Practice action log
- Stakeholder management with peers
- Practice risk register
- Overlook peer review and supervision
- Management of practice KPI’s including QOF
- Engagement with the PCN and addressing actions or objectives outlined in these meetings
- Reviewing employee head count within service
We have built organisation-wide committees in many specialist fields such as diabetes, paediatrics, dermatology and mental health. Where you’ll have the option to join your clinical specialism, networking with professionals from across the country. That get together on regular basis, auditing and sharing standard methodology for innovation and service re-design.
You’ll be a part of the pool of subject matter experts bringing together clinical and operational leads and will be a part of quality improvements, research & development activity. Here we recognise and celebrate clinical excellence and dedication.
Within the role we also have opportunities for experienced GP trainers looking to lead a programme of training and mentorship across primary care, including medical and nursing students, allied health professionals, doctors returning to NHS practice (Induction & Refresher Scheme) and GP Registrars. Additional financial reimbursement and up to 50% WTE protected time to undertake this role will be considered.
The Ideal Candidate
You will be a GMC registered and have a strong clinical background working in Primary Care.
You will be on the performers list and have full GMC registration. You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of how working in Primary Care setting differs from hospital and can diagnose and assess the healthcare needs of patients.
You will also need to be confident using IT systems and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel.
We offer a ‘personal touch’ with a named medical contact to answer questions, and the opportunity to visit our services and talk to colleagues prior to joining. So why not click apply to find out where your journey with Virgin Care can take you! If you’d like to discuss the role further, please contact our careers team via email: Careers@virgincare.co.uk
As a GP Clinical Lead, you will feel valued within Virgin Care, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- A highly competitive salary and NHS pension
- Flexible job planning, time management and leave commitment to support a true work life balance
- A company paid indemnity scheme (Medical Defence Union)
- Access to our local Clinical Excellence Awards process
- Career development opportunities in leadership (with training) as well as secondments to support service improvement, innovation and growth
- Peer nationwide network group and shared expertise
- Support for medical revalidation with an IT-facilitated appraisal system, and nominated appraisers mentored by our lead appraiser
- Remaining connected to local regional (multiagency) network and deaneries
- Training opportunities, including funding e.g., costs for Royal College Annual Conference
- Access to our Strive for Better networks, a national support and professional network made up of NHS professionals like you, giving you the chance to constantly develop industry-leading care and quality
- Access to Virgin Tribe -our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premier offers and discount off all Virgin products including flights, holidays, gyms and media, along with regular competitions and giveaways
- Access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
- We are pleased to offer access to Wagestream - which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them. No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go.
- Innovative forward-thinking culture with the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work. You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users
- Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual “Ask our Executives” event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
- Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with 100% of our services being rated overall good or outstanding by the Care Quality Commission
About Virgin Care
Virgin Care partner with the NHS and local authorities, providing high quality care for more than 1 million people each year up and down the country. We are an ambitious, forward thinking and passionate company who strive to make a real difference to people and our colleagues. We re-invest all of the money we earn to improve the experience, deliver ambitious transformations and empower all of our colleagues to make the changes, no matter how big or small, that make a real difference.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply. We reserve the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
As a Disability Confident Committed company, we work in partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to make our business an inclusive place for all.
Virgin Care is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.
Similar searches: Essex