GP Teaching Fellow Post - London N17 6AA
Due to the success of these posts we are now recruiting up to two additional Salaried Doctor / GP Teaching Fellows to our friendly and supportive practice. These innovative and dynamic posts will blend undergraduate teaching and General Practice. A normal six session work week will consist of two sessions of dedicated medical student
teaching consisting of seminars and blended clinical learning for KCL Medical Students; and four standard sessions of patient contact. There will be opportunities for academic scholarship and research if desired. We offer a nurturing environment for both experienced GPs or those just finishing training, therefore this post would be suitable for an established educator or ideal for those completing training with a passion for education.
We serve approximately 13,500 socially and culturally diverse patients and work from a large modern Primary Care centre. We are a multidisciplinary team consisting of ten doctors, registrars, and a pharmacy, nursing and healthcare assistant team. We are active in supporting our doctors’ professional development and personal interests.
We are an innovative and educationally focused practice and have a VTS Programme Director within the practice Leadership Team. Our doctors have diverse interests in various specialities including minor surgery, dermatology, and are also members of the LMC and CCG boards.
We have a comprehensive package of staff benefits which include:
• Incremental Salary Scale recognising experience and length of service ranging from £9,500 to £10,500 per session.
• Indemnity insurance provided by the practice.
• BMA Model contract with six weeks of annual leave.
• One week of study leave per year with a £200 study budget.
• Promotion of a healthy work-life balance.
• Opportunities to take part in teaching and access to educational grants for your own development. Mentorship from senior educationalists.
• Great support in your role from our able administrative team.
For more information or to arrange a visit please contact Sarah McLaughlin by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your CV and cover letter via email by Monday 4th October. Successful applicants will be invited to a selection day/Interview on Thursday 14 October.