Medical Director, Professional Development and Quality
Part time, 8 hours per week
Fixed Term Contract (two years with possibility of extension for a further two years by mutual agreement between the College and the post holder)
Salary, £21,346 per annum
Location, remote (with occasional meetings at 30 Euston Square, travel costs reimbursed in accordance with College policy)
Closing date: Sunday 31 October 2021
Interview date: Thursday 11 November (afternoon) or Thursday 18 November (morning)
The Royal College of General Practitioners is the largest membership organisation solely for GPs in the United Kingdom. Founded in 1952, it has over 54,000 members who are committed to improving patient care, developing their own skills and promoting general practice as a discipline. General practice is the largest branch of the medical profession. It provides some 1 million consultations for patients in the UK every working day and deals with 86% of the health problems experienced by the UK population.
We are recruiting a new medical director position to provide strategic leadership in the creation of career development ‘pathways’, which will include educational and career support components, and will be used flexibly by members at any point in their career. The postholder will also advise on GP professional capabilities in a post-CCT context and ensure that externally driven standards and processes, such a medical appraisal, are relevant, supportive and developmental.
Referring to the job description, applicants are encouraged to highlight experience of leading professional development or educational projects, providing strategic leadership in primary care and developing productive networks, as well as other relevant activities.
Key activities will include:
- Defining career development pathways, including educational and career support components, and working collaboratively to structure a member offer around these.
- Working in collaboration with the Vice Chair Professional Development to give strategic direction to the College’s leadership offer.
- Providing strategic clinical oversight of the College’s Careers, Education, Information and Guidance (CEIAG) offer.
- Describing standards and capabilities which relate to less defined areas of practice, so these can be conveyed to members through a range of College projects.
- Leading, in liaison with senior RCGP leadership, College input into the development of the medical appraisal process.
The successful candidate will hold MRCGP, possess a licence to practise medicine and be in good standing with the RCGP and the GMC. With the ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and political awareness, they will understand the breadth of contexts in which general practice is delivered and how these can be translated into professional development opportunities.
The successful candidate will share our corporate values. In return, the College offers excellent terms and conditions.
To apply, please apply by uploading your CV and cover letter via the RCGP website: https://www.rcgp.org.uk/work-at-rcgp/rcgp-vacancies.aspx
The Royal College of General Practitioners is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
~ Putting members at the heart of everything we do ~
Similar searches: England